MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Friday music thread. ( Songs I’ve been listening to this week )

Those guys were something else.

Video shows how the sausage of their superstardom was being made. Interesting to hear Meisner getting songwriting credit for one of the most uncharacteristic songs on Desperado album, Certain Kind of Fool, w a great performance of that song. Clip shows Leadon's country influence and the band's less-rocking early iteration. Henley without the polish, Frey more focused on the music than the $. These are the Eagles that really grabbed me, the innovators.

Same here....they set the bar.

I suppose it’s kind of weird to listen to an album so often like that, but I rarely “listen” to it very closely (don’t need to anymore)- I just like how I feel when I’m hearing it I guess. Kind of like a one-hit but without any of the other stuff that comes with doing that.

I too am a HUGE Gregg fan, but it’s interesting to think that in two of my favorite songs of theirs he never sings a word (Le Bres and Elizabeth Reed). Just dig the vibe of those guys, and I’m almost never in a mood that they don’t pair well with.

Video shows how the sausage of their superstardom was being made. Interesting to hear Meisner getting songwriting credit for one of the most uncharacteristic songs on Desperado album, Certain Kind of Fool, w a great performance of that song. Clip shows Leadon's country influence and the band's less-rocking early iteration. Henley without the polish, Frey more focused on the music than the $. These are the Eagles that really grabbed me, the innovators.

That original lineup had a really cool, gritty sound. It’s hard to say that Don Felder and Joe Walsh made them worse, because they both kicked ass, but that early stuff is awesome👍

That original lineup had a really cool, gritty sound. It’s hard to say that Don Felder and Joe Walsh made them worse, because they both kicked ass, but that early stuff is awesome👍
The move toward a harder sound came after Desperado album's limited commercial success. Leadon recruited Felder for the genre-straddling On the Border (pun intended) album bringing his rocking esthetic, more prominent on their next album, One of These Nights. Hotel California album was when Meisner exited and Walsh signed on. The transition country-rock to dedicated rock band was complete. Later, his services no longer required after Walsh ensconced, Felder was summarily dismissed from the band.

Felder is already altering their sound on this, his 1st song with Eagles.

Last edited:
I sat in my truck and listened to "Tree of Forgiveness" today, then ordered the record to add to my collection of JP.

Funny I had my whole collection of the Alman Brothers out yesterday.
In memory of Elizabeth Reed.

In memory of my Aunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back