Freight bill for shipping your kill?

brokfut

I was reading about Moosie's little bill for getting his trophy steaks and stix shipped back to Boise and got to wondering: If you could utilize an air freight broker that would provid you the same service and rates that a major corp. would get, i.e. door-to-door shipping (ground and air) would you as a hunter in Africa, Canada, Alaska, NZ ect utilize that kind of service for your trophies and any meat?
I would really like to know how you all feel about someone providing that service to outfitters and their clients as well as the Do-it-yourselfers.

i would use it if it were cheap enough to make it feasable. last year i shipped 47 pounds of pork in a cooler and it cost me right at 200 bucks.

Good News! I am working on setting up a brokerage just for this.
My Uncle Edd owns "The Primere" airfreigh forewarding company in the U.S. I talked to my cousin, Dale, currently the CEO of the company about doing this and he thinks it is a good idea that no one else is targeting as a nich market. His advice to me was "See what hunts, outfitters, etc think and I'll start looking at how we can accomodate it". When I told him what they charged poor ol' Moosie for shipping from AK he was shocked. Said that we could do it for less then half that with pick up and delivery door-to-door. So here I am exploring the market. Would like to get some input from all of you out there in hunt and spend land.
Jack

I work with about 3 doz different Outfitters. When you have things firmed up, I might be able to spread the word. I just had a co-worker come back from Newfoundland (he didn't book through me, btw) and he had a heck of a time getting his meet back. Soem airlines can't/won't ship wild game through certain states, because of CWD. I'd figure out all the ins and outs of that kind of crap, too

We have at least 8 people working in the international section doing nothing but import/export paperwork. They pretty much know or have access to all sources for getting anything into the country. As soon as this season is over and the outfitters and agents are back from hunting I'll be putting out a broucher with information. I'll post one here if Oscar will let me.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back