free handmade loading blocks

tnctcb

i am making some loading blocks and want your input on how you like them and whether or not you would buy them.
i have a gun store here that will let me sell them in his shop but i want to test them first. i want to try several different calibers so i will give 5 people here a free set of blocks (2) if you will test them out and tell me iff you like them, how you would improve them and how much you would pay for them. my reason for doing this is not really to make money but i have the rcbs plastic ones and they hold 40 shells. i think this is silly when i am loading i usually load 100 rounds, this would be a big bulky block but i think 20 or 50 would be more logical.but if i can make a buck or 2 on this endeavor thats even better.if you want a set of these blocks post here what caliber and i will get them ready this weekend and ship them next week. all i ask is that you reply here and BE HONEST. if you wouldnt buy them or dont like them say so and tell me why so i can improve it. post what caliber you want and then send me a pm with your addy. :D thanks for helping me with this.

Tntctb… I really don’t need any more blocks, but… I have one suggestion on making them work a little better and possibly helping sales… How about cutting the long (100 rounders) in half, and putting a hinge on them so they fold up with the holes together so that “crap” can’t get in them and storage would be a little easier and not quite so bulky. I probably would buy one like that, rather than a big clunky long block that will need a special place on my bench or hang on the rack… more compact is better IMO… Good luck hope you sell a few.

Thanks

thanks for the suggestion i may try that.i was thinking of a 50 max but that may solve the 100 problem. funter is getting the first set in a 300 wsm. i am trying to get 5 different sets to 5 different people.

can you do one in a 416 rigby caliber--.590 case dimension--if so and you still have this offer going I'm game to try one---chris

I would be happy to try your loading blocks If one set could be made for .44 Mag that would also handle .45acp, I'll try them and report back. I'll even pay the shipping costs.
E-mail me at [email protected].
Thanks
John
AKA Coyoteman

Hi, Tim -

How about WSM? (I have a .270 WSM)

Also, when we made our own years ago, my Dad made them with 55 holes - that way you can move them along in the block as you prime them, or charge them with powder, etc. and have space between the ones done and the ones not yet done. Some were even 60 spaces, if I recall correctly. I'll check when I get home.

I would like to see them be at least 50rds. The storage boxes and lots of brass I buy come in 50's. However, it the smaller case head sizes (ie .223) I'd like a 100rd block and the hinge idea would be pretty slick as well. I'd be more than willing to try some and get you some feedback, I load for 30-06, .223 Rem, and .338 Win Mag

Looks like I miised this one too Tim. But when you do finalize your holders I will buy some off you. I don't like the rcbs ones either.don

thanks guys. i am hoping to have these done in time but my load changed and i may not get them before i have to leave tuesday morning so bear with me and i will get them to you.initial set up was a little more detailed than i had thought but now i have the templates going and hopefully it will be smooth from here.

here is what they look like. this is one of funters for a wsm. at least his set should go out tommorrow.
loadingblock.JPG

tommorrows mail consists of funters 300 wsm, cali hunters 270 wsm and 1pointers 223- this one is a 100 rounder. the others will be done soon i hope.

I recieved them today. Tim did a very nice job on them and asked for some feed back.

1. Would I buy them? Yes
2. What would I pay? I think I would go $8.00 each or two for $14.00 plus shipping.
3. Improvements? Grooves at the ends for fingers to get under them to pick them up.Maybe a little more space between the holes either lengthwise or widthwise. Either way would work. The size is great since I have a small reloading area.
4. Would I buy them over the plastic ones? Yes

Tim I will let you know if I have any other suggestions.

Thank You

Ditto to the above - a little more space between the holes would be nice to provide more room for grabbing the ones in the middle.

They are nice wood, too. I cheat and use a spray lube, so mine will end up discolored. Perhaps a light sealant of some kind?

I do prefer wood to the plastic however. (It ges slippery with the spray lube!)

Again - yes, I'd buy them. $5.00 to $8.00 each sounds about right.

Actually they shouldnt become discolored even with a spray lube, as they have a clear paint coating.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back