Freaky thing in the woods

One of my friends and myself were squirrel hunting after school when we were still in High School one fall day. As we worked our way through the woods, we heard a Screem and someone running through the woods, stumbling and cussing, then we heard a car start up and drive off at a fast rate of speed. The next day at school we told someone about what we had heard, come to find out it was the father of one of our friends. This man had a Wooden Leg and liked to drink wine and squirrel hunt, as he was hunting he came across the world's largest squirrel ever! We had a petting zoo a Homo had openned up and his Kangaroo had escaped and Hopped past poor Mr. Charlie! He swore that it was'nt a Kangaroo, but a Giant Squirrel! John

Interesting stories....

Here's my only bigfoot story.

Years ago while archery hunting in Idaho I bumped into an old Basque sheep herder in unit 66a. The weather was hot and the elk weren't talking so I took a few hours and talked with him. I thoroughly enjoyed talking to the guy. Being part Basque I took an interest in him.

He spoke broken English/Spanish/Basque mix. His name was Inaki. He grew up in the province of Guipuzcua and fought at age 16 in the Spanish Civil war. After the war he worked in the shipyards in Bilbao until he saved enough $ and took a 6 week freighter cruise to NYC. He went to Idaho to live with a cousin. He found employment as a sheepherder and had been there since.

What a life story! After a couple hours, the sun was dipping low and I needed to get moving. At parting, I jokingly mentioned to "watch out for bigfoot". At this, his brown leathery face went stone gray.

He pulled me and put his finger into my chest while repeating "stay away from him", "stay away from him". He broke into a stutter and he talked as if he knew him. According to Inaki, Bigfoot makes a howling yell that sounds like a screaming man. He'd said some summers he had seen nor heard no trace of him, other summers he would hear the screams in the early mornings and see him. While on horseback on a resupply trip, Bigfoot came out and stood at about 50 yards and watched him. He was the same height as Inaki on horseback. Inaki repeated, "he is a man, he is a man, but with hair on his body."

The last summer he had encounters with him, Inaki made peace with the man/beast. Inaki left a loaf of sourdough bread out on a rock over night near a spring. In the morning, the bread was gone and Bigfoot's track was left in the mud. He saw no more sign of him until 2 week later he awoke to his dogs barking. Near his camp he found a freshly killed elk calf. He never saw him again.

It was very convincing. I left quickly in the evening and hi-stepped it my spike camp and had a very unrestful night.

So there's my story of someone that believes in Bigfoot.

Most of what I just wrote is fiction, fabricated, balogna, etc....

Dayammm Tyson, you must have spent a lot of time as a kid in the tree house telling ghost stories :D ;) Good one! I think John just wet himself :D

I didn't actually find it, but some friends of mine were hunting elk when they came accross this round army green colored ball about 16 inches in diameter, with strange writing on the surface. It had a round hole about 1.5 inches in diameter in it, with a bunch of melted metal hanging off.

If you looked inside, what ever was there had melted from extreme heat, all the components were gummed together in a mess of molten yellow.

After as much research as we could do,we determined, it was a Russian Satellite, that came back to earth. Everything but the main ball shaped part had burnt up on re-entry. We thought the gold colored stuff inside is the electronics that melted together. The outer shell is the hardest metal we'ver ever encountered. I was told the insides were gold because thats what the Russians used for the best componets.

I think that one fella still has it, I think he tried to sell it on ebay or somthing like that. Can't get inside to to get at the gold.

So my buddy and I were elk hunting on the north fork of the boise river about ten years ago. We set up on a ridge looking over an old burn the elk liked to feed in, I was on one side and my buddy was about 250 yards down and on the other side of the ridge from me. After 2-3 hours of off and on snow and of seeing just cows I decide to whistle to get his attention, we had a system worked out so we didnt have to talk, anyway I whistle and wait to hear a reply, 10-15 min later I am still waiting, I hold tight thinking he sees a bull. 15 min later I decide to sneak down to where I last saw him. I get down to the tree he was under and he is gone. My buddy is a real smart ass so I think he is hidding from me, I say his name out lound and still nothing. At this point I said out loud "I am headed back to camp see you there!" and with that I take of down the mountain. By about four that afternoon I start to worry so I take of up the mountain with another guy and we start to look for him, we find him just before dark walking back to camp minus his day pack and binos.This is where it gets freaky, He tells me just after he sat down he spoted two bulls walking away and down from him so he decides to go after them. He bails of the ridge into the burn, he said he stopped to catch his breath and he thought he saw me leaning against a tree 200-300 yard up the ridge trailing him. Keep in mind it was snowing, he claims I raised my hand to aknowledge that i saw the elk and was following him. Well he trails the bulls for the better part of 2 hours never getting a clear shot, the whole time he is wondering why I am not catching up to him, he keeps looking back and catches a glimpse of an upright form he thinks was me. Finally he gets to a meadow and decides to stop and wait for me. He starts to eat his lunch when he thinks he sees me across the meadow so he stands up and waves, The "person?" he thinks is me begins to run towards him and then my buddy sees that this thing is covered in hair/fur and is coming full bore right at him, My buddy grabs his rifle and fires a shot over the things head. The thing turns off and runs into some dark timber along the meadow. At that point my buddy dropped everything and ran straight up the mountain.The whole time he was going up the mountain he said he colud feel he was being trailed by something. He left a pair of ziess binos and his daypack in that meadow, and never went back for them. That was the last time he ever hunted that area with us. That was on of the best areas we ever found, we all took nice bulls out of there a couple years in a row and its been 7 years since I have been back, i always feel like I am being watched up there..I dont know what he saw but I know he doesnt scare easy, it just gives me the heebie-jeebies thinking about it.( I wonder if those binos are still there?)

elk hunting on the north fork of the boise river

Dammmmm Highcountry, you've got me worried now. I was just up on the north fork of the Boise river 3 weeks ago fishing.......freaks me out a bit after reading your story.

Hey w-yote.....remember....the hills have eyes! :eek:

eyes_011.gif

While hunting in Idaho a number of years ago, I came across a pair of elk eye balls laying on a downed tree. Near by was a big mound of pine needles and dirt that had been scraped up from about a 30 foot radius of the mound. in the middle of the mound, the duff covered up what looked like the shape of an elk. My guess was that it was a recent bear kill. The eye balls were probably removed and place on the tree by birds. Either that or it was a little known backwoods Idaho field dressing ritual!

Back