...found this on another site...interesting

Hey Harley, you better jump on this. Once in a lifetime. It would be once in a lifetime for me if my wife found out I did something like this. But I have no interest in shooting a bison anytime soon. Very interesting though. HAPPY HUNTING

Kinda steep, but the food and accomodations sound nice. Not a bad deal...

Sounds like going on an elk hunt with my ol man... half our dishes are civil war army issue, half the tack is near 100 years old, as well as quite a few other things in 'camp'.

I'm guessing the price includes the lawyer fees they'll incure if the client ends up dead.

Steens Mountain is in Oregon. I assume there were buffalo in Oregon at one time, but maybe not. Modern centerfire? So much for "authentic."
I know bison bulls don't come cheap, but for $235k the custom rifle they supply better be really something for that amount of jack. All this time I thought the definition of an 'expedition' was me driving to Colorado and still actually have a few brain cells left afterward. Guess I was wrong.
$235k to be eyeballed and second-guessed by the staff as to how "authentic" someone may or may not be sounds slightly abusive to me. Next year I'll only spend $1,200 in Colorado again and the abuse comes at no extra charge from my hunting partners. lol

I can think of things I'd rather spend 235 grand on.

True.
I know how to saddle, take care of and ride horses like quite a few of us. Like most of us I never whine on a hunting trip usless I'm approaching death. Most of us know how to camp, stay alive and deal with nearly anything that comes up outdoors. If we had something more extravagant than a wall tent, we wouldn't know how to act, even at 10 below.
I agree Tone, what else could spending 235 grand teach any of us?

They advertise the Traditional Hunt for only $7,500. I'll bring my own food to save $227,500.

"You must be proficient at shooting 200 yard shots, off hand, at moving targets and making consistent shots to at least 500 yards off hand or with minimal rest in under five seconds".

"Stay home if making a kill is important to you".

They expect you to be able to shoot like this with a gun they provide for you when you get there. These guys are a joke. Wonder how many animals they wound???

What a bunch of @$$ Clowns. 500 yards with a rifle that wouldn't have been around after 1850. Who doesn't want to spend an insane amount of money to get treated like dirt by some want to be backwoods plains man. Where are these wild, free range buffalo anyway. Someone needs to punch this guy in the face.

Now it’s time for me to be up front, blunt and possibly down right rude. But it is the reality that these Expeditions are not for everyone and the guides don’t want and won’t take just anyone. So for those of you who still think you might want to give it a try...think some more. Only one “Greenhorn” (that’s you) will be accepted on any one Expedition at a time. The guides will not take more than one. And trust me you will be a “Greenhorn” at least for the first several days. This is a once in a lifetime hunt. You will only be considered to go one time. If you are not accepted to go once, you will not be considered again, or if you are accepted and go you may never go again, once in a lifetime.

To be Greenhorn..... it might be worth the price ? ;)

and look.. the menu is a surprise !!!!

The meals are what you would have gotten on any Bison Hunting Expedition of that time. I don’t know what they will be, but you’ll be fed well. They don’t have five star on them, they have a million over them in the night sky. It’s all a matter of opinion what a good meal is anyway.

For almost double the price of my house, I like surprise meals, possible kills on fenced bison, and shaming at every turn.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back