Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Found: 1 Arrow

I always seem to find broadhead arrows along the trail that fall out of bow quivers while they are on packs.

I lost my grouse arrow walking in the dark along a closed road last year, was hoping it would still be there on my way out but someone took it.

Could be the one I shot right between the main beams of a 360 bull at 12 yards about ten years ago. He wouldn't let me knock another one. I saw the bull's head in the back of a pickup at the local watering hole the opening day of rifle.

On my hike out yesterday I realized I was missing one of my arrows with a very sharp broadhead. An hour later I found it laying in the snow point up about two steps out of my camp. I was so nervous I wouldn’t find it and someone or a horse would cut themselves on it. From now on packing in and out broadheads will be in my pack.

I was 15 or 16 years old hunting with my dad. Dad shot a big buck but for what ever reason he missed. He couldn’t find his arrow so after a bit of searching he came and got me and we both searched for an hour or so. Dad never forgot the great depression so he hated loosing anything. We never fond hide nor hair of that arrow. Fast forward 30 + years, Dad had been gone for five or six years. I was hiking with my wife and four daughters along that same, now over grown, skid road when one of the girls said “look I found an arrow head.” Now, my dad was using some very distinctive broad heads. I had never seen any before nor have I seen any since and that was definitely his. The wooden shaft had of course rotted away but we finally found that lost arrow. The girls couldn’t quite figure why that little arrow head brought a tear to my eye until I told them the story. Heck, I’m tearing up a bit right now telling it again.

I have found two arrows with field tips on them in public hunting areas. Couldn't figure out why someone would be shooting field tips in hopes of killing a deer. But I guess some people must not know any better... The one was actually very close to a roadway, and the way it was laying it looked like someone had taken a shot straight at the road, so maybe it was good that they didn't have a broadhead on it.

There’s an arrow stuck at the bottom of a cypress tree in the Atchafalaya Basin from my first time slinging an arrow at a deer. A sad reminder of a bad habit of dropping my arm.
A few weeks ago I stuck a pig by the house. When I saw the arrow hit I knew I messed up and hit high (at least I didn’t drop my arm I guess). Never found blood or the arrow. Never mentioned it to anyone because although multiple people have access to this spot on private, I keep my mouth shut otherwise there’ll be others that hunt it and/or hunt adjacent to it. Two weeks later my brother caught that pig in a trap and while skinning found a few inches of the fletching end of the arrow. You’d have though he found the golden chocolate bar and that piece of arrow is a trophy. Even came up with a theory of how it must of been a shoat when it was shot on the club lease during normal hunting season because of how much of it has healed. I just smile and nod.

If I get the chance to leave this world like Gus McCrae I’ll tell him the truth about it along with a few other things.

I have found two arrows with field tips on them in public hunting areas. Couldn't figure out why someone would be shooting field tips in hopes of killing a deer. But I guess some people must not know any better... The one was actually very close to a roadway, and the way it was laying it looked like someone had taken a shot straight at the road, so maybe it was good that they didn't have a broadhead on it.
Don't suppose that was near roundup MT was it?

I found one buried in a tree along the dirt road that my old cabin was on. Im assuming someone shot at a deer from a quad. Hope the bastard missed, as they would’ve been shooting into posted property and from a road.

seen a cow walking around with one in the badlands a few years ago. Looked like it hit the shoulder blade and was just hanging there with the broadhead holding it in. The bow hunters wonder why ranchers don't like them

Found a Victory RIP TKO 300 tipped with a QAD Exodus with elk hair on it on a ridge top in the Pioneers in Idaho next to a recently used campsite. Wonder if he got the elk ...

we were trying to find a good way off a ridge in NW Montana a few years ago. Try #3 was deemed not successful due to the last 200 yards of steep, overgrown nasty brush. One of my arrows liked the area though and jumped out of my quiver to live there forever. I wasn't going back.

Several years ago I was cutting firewood. I’d cut a tree down & was cutting pieces to length. Saw ran out of gas. When I came back to the tree I noticed a rusty discoloration in it. I grabbed a flat head screwdriver & dug at it, was something metal. I dug out an OLD 3 blade broadhead. The back end of it that was closest to the outside of the tree was about 4” in. The tip was 6” or so into the tree. Took it to the local bow shop. Owner is an older guy, ran that shop for years. He laughed & said he hadn’t seen those in decades. Who knows how long it was in that tree

Several years ago I was cutting firewood. I’d cut a tree down & was cutting pieces to length. Saw ran out of gas. When I came back to the tree I noticed a rusty discoloration in it. I grabbed a flat head screwdriver & dug at it, was something metal. I dug out an OLD 3 blade broadhead. The back end of it that was closest to the outside of the tree was about 4” in. The tip was 6” or so into the tree. Took it to the local bow shop. Owner is an older guy, ran that shop for years. He laughed & said he hadn’t seen those in decades. Who knows how long it was in that tree

You didn't count the tree rings? lol

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back