PEAX Equipment

FORUM RENAME THOUGHTS

Wally Dog

Don't cut a single tree, don't drill a gas or oil well, get the "welfare ranchers" off the range, please help our wolves and grizzlies, walk, don't drive (especially your ATV), let the rivers flow as they once did, CWD is running rampant....cut and paste, cut and paste.....
Good grief, the Maker gave us the brain to manage all these wonderful resources...Let's just do it.
WD
mad.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Ithacas Temple of Knowledge, The cut and paste forum.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEhe.....

Your opinion is wrong if it's different than mine so that makes you stupid forum.

Or simply "The I'm right and your wrong forum".

Mr. know-it-all

The home of the most altruistic man alive.

Wally Dog said, "Good grief, the Maker gave us the brain to manage all these wonderful resources...Let's just do it."

Do you call whats going on now good management?

I mean come on, lets look at a few of the items you dont like to read about...

Welfare ranchers have destroyed the public ranges so that 60% of the rangelands are in poor condition, 80% of their riparian areas are in poor condition...Tell me, where were the brains that "the maker" gave us to "manage" the public lands into dirt?

Free flowing river: ie salmon and steelhead.

Historically 16 million anadromous fish entered the mouth of the Columbia, all wild fish. Now, on the very, very best of years we get 1 million, a vast majority hatchery fish. EVERY single run of wild salmon and steelhead in Idaho is listed under the ESA. Again, sure glad all those "brains that the maker" gave us are going to good use in the "management" of anadromous fish.

I could go on and on...the fact is there hasnt been proper management of many of the things we discuss/argue about in SI.

We've had the know-how for a long time to do whats right, but when (for example) the people of Idaho vote in representatives like Helen Chenoweth and Larry Craig, dont expect proper management. Expect the continued raping of the land by resource extraction industries with no regard for proper management. I find it humorous that Larry Craig bitches and moans about wolves killing elk, while he calls for roading and logging every last stick of timber in Idaho, something that elk need, and without it, you and the wolves will both be out of elk. Dont you also find it funny that Craig says he cares about elk and the supporting economy they provide...but then does NOT DO A DAMN thing to save salmon and steelhead and the economy that they provide?

Time to wake up and get with the program...until the masses grasp what proper management is, it wont happen, how can it? The majority are too easily duped by the politics...and to be honest, I think you're one of them Wally Dog.

Hey Paul,

Great post!!!
biggrin.gif
You were very efficient in looking like an idiot. Didn't waste much of Moosie's disk storage. Gotta like that...
tongue.gif

Hey WallyDog,
Here is a picture of ATV tracks. Do you think this type of topic could be in Sportsmans's Issues?? Please.....
DSC00041.sized.jpg

Are you OK with Idaho's Public Lands looking like that??? If you are, then why even bother reading SI.

If that's the worse you have, I wouldn't whine too loud. Come here to the Black Hills of South Dakota and I have never heard anyone complain. Most of the Forest service land looks like a race track. The hummer club from Denver comes here, all kinds of jeep and atv clubs. Many of the creek bottoms have blackie tire marks all over the boulders and there are hill climbs everywhere. The BLM in the foothills are spyder webbed with mountain bike trails. Be thankful that's all you have.

Troy,

You are probably right, it could be worse.
frown.gif
I could probably find more pictures, but I had never been motivated before. But thanks to Sportsmans Issues, I now feel like I should start collecting these pictures, and start sending them to Legislators and Fish and Game commissioners, to see if we can't get these activities stopped.

Without SI, I would never have realized there were idiot hunters out there that would defend an ATV to the extent that I see here.

What is SDakota doing to stop the ATV damage?

Gunner, "Without SI, I would never have realized there were idiot hunters out there that would defend an ATV to the extent that I see here."

It's really been an eye opener for me, too! I never would have suspected that so many people who claim to love hunting and fishing could be so ignorant about the environmental factors that affect wildlife!
eek.gif
eek.gif

GRSAC??? Doesn't flow very well...

And besides, DGibson already told me I wasn't not the Forum Cop here, and I had to quit changing every topic back to Welfare Ranching, Fat-Assed ATV Riders and Dam Breaching.

But if I don't make my Smart Ass comments in SI, then I'll just make them in all YOUR topics...
biggrin.gif

MAybe we could switch it to "Political Forum" .. OHH wait, Thats what it WAS called... before We renamed it to bring in all this traffic
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

If nothing else, you could change it to Sportsmen's Issues. I believe there's more than one of us that has them.
wink.gif

Oak
*Edit - I guess MD4M hangs out here occasionally, and I know she's got issues, so maybe it should be Sportsperson's Issues.
tongue.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-11-2003 23:18: Message edited by: Colorado Oak ]</font>

ELKGUNNERS AGENDAS, and other assorted issues. I guess we could also substitute BUZZ, or IT for EG in the title.

Or make it the:

EG/BUZZ/IT AGENDAS, and other such nonsensical issues.
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 12-12-2003 11:39: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back