Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum Newb

Sorry FJ40. Forgot to welcome you. Post some pics of god's country whether or not there are animals in them. Still any of the OLD trappers up in your neck of the woods?

Welcome! You live in one of my favorite parts of the world.

NorthForkSalmonRiverID01.jpg

This will probably date me with how long I've been gone. I don't assume "Daisy" is still hanging out on the road in Shoup??? I still have a vivid memory of that old white donkey sticking her head in the pick-up and making off with a long john maple bar. I don't think she had any teeth back then. Pretty funny watching her gum that doughnut. :eek:

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Thanks for the warm welcome! You "Killer Bs" calm yourselves. I just got moved back to Salmon from Boise after a 12 year hiatus in hell. Told myself I wouldn't come back to Salmon unless 1.) I was married-check and 2.) I had a government job-check. The only thing with less depth here than the job market is the dating pool. First fall back was productive but not as much as I'd like. Got me a nice 9 point whitetail buck on opening day of rifle season. Got skunked on elk but only because I got sick and wan't able to get out during the muzzleloader hunt. Been slayin some ducks and working on training my 1 year old golden retriever. Still have a wolf tag in my pocket, gonna have to do something about that!

Welcome Fj40

Fine! Meet me in Howe next summer and a person VERY your senior will put the smack down on you, ya pup;)

Seeing an 8B license up in the 10B valley? That also be cause for a fight.... Just kidding you guys over there! Serious, real serious. See you at Perks in Mackay!

Did you forget, Howe burnt down why would you want to meet there. Perks is ok but the best food in town is next door.

This will probably date me with how long I've been gone. I don't assume "Daisy" is still hanging out on the road in Shoup??? I still have a vivid memory of that old white donkey sticking her head in the pick-up and making off with a long john maple bar. I don't think she had any teeth back then. Pretty funny watching her gum that doughnut. :eek:

-Cade
www.HuntForeverWest.com

Nope, Daisy is no longer with us. Shoup is however still there. Store is still open and the old visible gas pumps are still there and in use!

nice 4 x 5 buck. You spuds count eastern with whitetails?

I don't consider it Eastern vs Western count. On whitetails you count 'em all. On mulies you count L x R and no eyeguards. My $.02.

Pretty decent whitetail for these parts.:rolleyes: My best yet, and I've hunted quite a bit up in the panhandle where the whitetails prevail. I especially like all the tattered bits of velvet hanging off the R main beam.Previous best was an 8 point from Unit 15. This one was shot in Unit 28, bout a mile and a half from my house. I did a Euro mount, turned out pretty good. Will post pics of it when I get home. Hard to do from here.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back