Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fort Peck area waterfowl/fishing guide recommendations

gbfan

If everything works out and I'm fortunate to tag out in MT this fall, I was hoping to try to get a day of fishing or waterfowl hunting in while I'm there. I've always wanted to fish Fort Peck lake for walleye (lake trout would be a close second). Wondering if anyone can recommend any guides (anyone that targets walleye or lakers), and how late the open water fishing season usually goes on the lake?

I'd also consider some waterfowl hunting if anyone has recommendations on guides for that, but I imagine the majority of birds don't move through until later in the year? I plan on taking some time for archery elk in Sept, then heading back for the first couple weeks of the rifle season if the archery hunt proves unsuccessful. I'm thinking some time around late Oct/mid-Nov.

Thanks.

Well, since your Sundays will be wide open because the Packers don't know whether they are coming or going, you should be good to go for two trips! 🤣🤣

In all seriousness, the Fall can be some of the best fishing of the year! With the water clarity as it is, live bait should be deadly for Walters.

I checked into guides on ft Peck and they are kind of expensive. $400/$600 per day. I was looking for myself/kids in July, but I couldn’t afford it. There are several that base out of Hell Creek state park. Every time I fish ft Peck from the shore I catch a few fish, some rather large. Good luck on your trip

Well, since your Sundays will be wide open because the Packers don't know whether they are coming or going, you should be good to go for two trips! 🤣🤣

In all seriousness, the Fall can be some of the best fishing of the year! With the water clarity as it is, live bait should be deadly for Walters.
No worries on the Pack, we can always count on the refs for a game or 2!

$600 for a day of fishing would be out of my price range. $350-400 is usually what I've come across in other states as far as a day of guided fishing. The priority will be the big game though, so fishing might not even happen.

I bet you can catch fish off the shore that time of year, never fished ft Peck then, but I’ve always caught fish closer to shore in the fall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back