Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forest Closure

So far it looks like it's confined to area D11. I have D11 tag which lets you also hunt D13 and D15. We'll see how it goes. I also have D14 so hopefully not all is lost.

So far it looks like it's confined to area D11. I have D11 tag which lets you also hunt D13 and D15. We'll see how it goes. I also have D14 so hopefully not all is lost.
Yes. D11 or at least the whole western side is shutdown. Will make the other areas more crowded but what can you do! Good luck with your tags

The Custer should be closed this weekend. The fire danger is off the charts. Bone dry and temperatures over 100 on Saturday and 90's on Sunday. Thankfully it looks like rain and cool weather on Monday. Stay fire safe this weekend.

Last edited:
Update: https://www.fs.usda.gov/lpnf

Closure of the following National Forests:
-Stanislaus National Forest,
-Sierra National Forest,
-Sequoia National Forest,
-Inyo National Forest,
-Los Padres National Forest,
-Angeles National Forest,
-San Bernardino National Forest,
- Cleveland National Forest

Indefinitely until further notice

Originally thought the order ended tomorrow but seems it is an indefinite order? Wanted to confirm I am reading this correctly given this is the last weekend of our A zone.

Seems that way. They originally piece forest by forest and some had re-open dates, then they made one big swoop and closed them indefinitely. Just a total bummer.

Anyone have word on new developments? I'm not finding anything in a way of updates, but based on what I am seeing it looks like everything in the D11 and D13-15 areas is still closed. Everything seemed to be slated to open two days ago on the 8th, but I'm not seeing anything that states that's the case.

Anyone have word on new developments? I'm not finding anything in a way of updates, but based on what I am seeing it looks like everything in the D11 and D13-15 areas is still closed. Everything seemed to be slated to open two days ago on the 8th, but I'm not seeing anything that states that's the case.
D11 opened up on Friday. It was touch and go until the night before but I was ready to go. It was a typical SoCal season open. I can't even explain some of the things I witnessed out there with other "hunters". Two solid days, 25 miles, lots of spots ruined by people just walking through talking :mad:, tons of does and fawns being exactly where they were supposed to be and only one forked horn that was at a top of a ridge and disappeared.

Talked to the Warden on the way out, only 1 buck was pulled out on opening day in that general area and I saw either hunting, camping or in the general area at least 100 other hunters.

D11 opened up on Friday. It was touch and go until the night before but I was ready to go. It was a typical SoCal season open. I can't even explain some of the things I witnessed out there with other "hunters". Two solid days, 25 miles, lots of spots ruined by people just walking through talking :mad:, tons of does and fawns being exactly where they were supposed to be and only one forked horn that was at a top of a ridge and disappeared.

Talked to the Warden on the way out, only 1 buck was pulled out on opening day in that general area and I saw either hunting, camping or in the general area at least 100 other hunters.
Well, at least it's open so that's good I guess. From what I'm seeing here, it looks like D14 is open as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back