Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

For those who fletch your own arrows...

hardwoods

I would like to pick up an arrow fletcher to do my own arrows . Leaning towards the Arizona EZ flech but would like to hear others opinions. Also what adhesive is best? Thanks

I use the Arizona EZ fletch. It works great and is quick and easy. I just use super glue and have had no problems.

Arizona easy fletch is a good one. I have the bohning fletcher made for blazer vanes and really like it. If you shoot blazers it's a good one.

Arizona easy fletch is a good one. I have the bohning fletcher made for blazer vanes and really like it. If you shoot blazers it's a good one.

I use boning fletcher with a glue called goat tuff I believe. Make sure arrows are clean; I use denatured alcohol for this.

I haven't used AZ EZ fletch but I do use a jig made by BPE. That jig and another made by Bitzenberger work well if you like helical fletching. I'm not sure but I think the AZ EZ fletch only puts an offset to the fletching and not a true helical.

arizona ez fletch with helical. u can get a straight one too. i had some problems with the bohning glue not sticking after a while, so now i just use super glue, and i havent had a problem since. its cheaper too

I Use the AZ. Major fail if you do not rough up the carbon shaft with sand paper and clean both the arrow and veins good with acetone before gluing them on.

clean your arrows with alcohol and you will be fine, the AZ ez is nice, but if you want a good one go with a Bitzenburger, that is what all the shops use. You can adjust it, change your helical..do four or 3 fletch, whatever size vanes you want. As for glue, the super glue types are very brittle, I like a softer glue, Flex-bond is my favorite.
Be sure to clean your vanes too. Most have a molding coating on them now, just whipe them with alcohol too.

I have an Arizona EZ Fletch. Just switched to Blood Vanes (they are a one piece glue on fletch) this year and much prefer them! They are a little more money probably but they sure make it quick and simple to do a perfect job. :)

clean your arrows with alcohol and you will be fine, the AZ ez is nice, but if you want a good one go with a Bitzenburger, that is what all the shops use. You can adjust it, change your helical..do four or 3 fletch, whatever size vanes you want. As for glue, the super glue types are very brittle, I like a softer glue, Flex-bond is my favorite.
Be sure to clean your vanes too. Most have a molding coating on them now, just whipe them with alcohol too.

This.

Yep.

+2. RE: Bitz and FlexBond. Also, use denatured alcohol and not weak isopropyl (75%) 90% might work but denatured is easy to find. (Paint supplies)

Platinum glue is garbage. Don't waste your money unless you like vanes falling off after a couple of months. (Been fletching for 20+ years on same Bitz)

Those Blood Vanes look pretty slick! I have a Bitzenberger, but may give those a try cause I'm lazy.

I use the Bitzenberger. Its super adjustable which is nice if you like to try out different vanes and shafts. Seeing as every design fits a little different, its nice to be able to make the fine movements to get the vane to sit perfectly.

I do my regular arrows in the normal 3 fletch pattern and my turkey arrows with Bullheads use a 4 fletch. I can do it all with the Bitz.

I worked in a archery shop for two and a half years. We only used the Bitzenberger jigs. As for the glue, don't laugh, but w used Loc-tite superglue. Before you laugh, ill tell you this. One of the guys that works there is a professional archer. One of us (me) shoots in the semi-pro class and another one of us shoots in open A at the ASA tournaments. That glue is the best youll ever use!!!! If you try it, make sure you get he jell and not the liquid!!!

Another vote for the Bitz. I've used several different types of glue, kind of depends on the vane. RIght now I'm using AAE Max Hunters and the AAE Maxbond glue. I've had good luck with Loctite Gel Superglue also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back