For Our Tom :

Moosie

Grand poopa
Tom (I think) is probably one of the smartest guys on here. HEre is a test for Tom and/or others. My oldest Boy (10) specializes in trick questions. Since he's in Advanced classes (G.T. "Gifted and talented") he is asked alot of questions. Here are some of his favorites :

1. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

2. If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

3. Exactly how many slices of 1.5 cm each can you cut from a whole bread which is 22.5 cm long?

4. If a electric trian is going north At 100KM per hr. and the wind is blowing south At 10KM per hr. which way does the smoke go and how fast ?

5. There is a family with a mother and a father. 7 sisters. Each sister has 1 brother. How many people are in the family total?

6. You come to a fork in the road while on your road to cario. You meet with two people. One of them always lies and the other always tells the truth. You dont know which one. You can only ask them one question. What is it? (You wanna find the way to cario)

7. There is a cabin found in the woods full of dead people. How did they die?

8. What happened in 1961 and will not happen again until 6009?

9. On my way to the fair, I met 7 jugglers and a bear, every juggler had 6 cats, every cat had 5 rats, every rat had 4 houses, every house had 3 mouses, every mouse had 2 louses, every louse had a spouse. How many in all are going to the fair?

10. A man left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home there were two masked men. Who were they?

11. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

Answer away !!! If you add some questions, keep adding numbers. Next one (12). Put the Number of the one you answer in front of your answer. I'll let Little "O" tell you if you are right.

Example :

7. From smoke.
11. Mtn. Peter.

1. Next to last
2. In first place
3. 15
4. There is no smoke...its an electric train
5. 10...mom, dad, 7 sisters, 1 brother
6. I always hated this question...I don't know
7. Suffocation since the cabin was full
8. The number is the same if you turn it upside down
9. 1...you
10. Thats a good one...I don't know
11. Ummm...Mt. Everest...it was always there!

Guppie, it's not the 2nd person, my bad, It was the 2nd place person. Whats your answer now ?

You got 5 out of 11... not too bad ;) Where is Tom ?

1. Second place.
2. Second to last.
3. 15
4. No smoke on an electric train.
5. 10
6. Ask them both what the other would say.
7. They’re hearts stopped beating.
8. The year reads the same upside down.
9. One.
10. The catcher and the umpire.
11. Mt. Everest.

Tom (I think) is probably one of the smartest guys on here. HEre is a test for Tom and/or others. My oldest Boy (10) specializes in trick questions. Since he's in Advanced classes (G.T. "Gifted and talented") he is asked alot of questions. Here are some of his favorites :

1. You are participating in a race. You overtake the second person. What position are you in?

2. If you overtake the last person, then you are...?

3. Exactly how many slices of 1.5 cm each can you cut from a whole bread which is 22.5 cm long?

4. If a electric trian is going north At 100KM per hr. and the wind is blowing south At 10KM per hr. which way does the smoke go and how fast ?

5. There is a family with a mother and a father. 7 sisters. Each sister has 1 brother. How many people are in the family total?

6. You come to a fork in the road while on your road to cario. You meet with two people. One of them always lies and the other always tells the truth. You dont know which one. You can only ask them one question. What is it? (You wanna find the way to cario)

7. There is a cabin found in the woods full of dead people. How did they die?

8. What happened in 1961 and will not happen again until 6009?

9. On my way to the fair, I met 7 jugglers and a bear, every juggler had 6 cats, every cat had 5 rats, every rat had 4 houses, every house had 3 mouses, every mouse had 2 louses, every louse had a spouse. How many in all are going to the fair?

10. A man left home running. He ran a ways and then turned left, ran the same distance and turned left again, ran the same distance and turned left again. When he got home there were two masked men. Who were they?

11. Before Mount Everest was discovered, what was the highest mountain in the world?

Answer away !!! If you add some questions, keep adding numbers. Next one (12). Put the Number of the one you answer in front of your answer. I'll let Little "O" tell you if you are right.

Example :

7. From smoke.
11. Mtn. Peter.

7. It might have been smoke that caused it, but they had to stop breathing, their heart stopped beating, then they died. We all die that way, eventually.

1. If you overtake the second place person, then you're behind the first place person, unless you also overtake them.

2. Its impossible to overtake the last person, unless you overtake yourself, right? I guess you could run in circles and lap the last person. The place you're in would then depend on how many are in front of you, since others may also lap the last person?

3. Every 3 cm, you get 2 slices, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 is 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 slices plus the one from 21 to 22.5 cm, so 15 is right. What's the trick?

4. I agree, I don't think electric trains smoke, what smoke you talking about?

5. If the sisters are daughters of the mother and father and they each have one brother, then that's 8 kids and the mom and dad, for a total of 10.

6. I've heard this one before, you ask something like "If the other guy told me to take the left fork, would that be the correct way to Cario?" You're in trouble if they say one of them doesn't know the way, I think.

7. We did that above.

8. I don't know, did anybody get that one yet? Turning it over seems like a good answer, but wow, that's lots of years to check for that.

9. Just you are going to the fair, that's what you said.

10. Who knows who they were, they could be anybody, right?

11. I agree, I heard Mt.Everest was the highest, after and even before it was discovered.

The year was the same read upside down and right side up.

What is it that when you take away the whole, you still have some left over?

Yah, cheater. who uses Google ? I'm disapointed now at you Tom, I thought you were better then that :(

Tom :
3. Every 3 cm, you get 2 slices, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21 is 2, 4, 6, 8, 10, 12, 14 slices plus the one from 21 to 22.5 cm, so 15 is right. What's the trick?

Once you cut the bread, it is no longer 22.5cm, So you can only cut it once. thats the trick.

Other then that I think most of your answers are right, or kind of close, it's hard to tell. I think your answers are trick questions in themselves.....

Here's one: If a barber cuts the hair of all those and only those who do not cut their own hair in town, who cuts the barber's hair? Him or somebody else?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back