Football General Talk

Yes you did and still are. It was a point about a single player, which is why it is valid
Your counter is only valid at a team level.

my god I can't believe I'm defending buzz. I might need an emergency intervention
Sorry. No point missed. Saying Purdy would have won the game if not for mistakes is the point I see. They lost. mtmuley

Great game
QB play great by both
Lots & Lots of no call, no comment OL holding
niners CM hard running/explosive & receivers hard running after the catch
Mahomes made the big plays he needed to, finds a way to win
Ok, I hate on Kelce. Pfizer endorses 20 million poor character dude. Punk no doubt, proves before/during and after

This is entertaining. Fans of fringe playoff teams coming out of the woodwork to shit on the 49ers for loosing the Superbowl in a highly competitive fashion to Mr Magic himself.

Has anyone ever been attacked by a chicken?
You can beat the shit out of a chicken and he will still strut around you like he won afterwards. They are too stupid to see reality.

I wasn't. Too much history from the 80's and 90's. My dislike for them started the second Dwight Clark caught that ball. mtmuley

So you should understand that my dislike of the Cowboys goes back to Drew Pearson pushing off the db for crucial reception. It's pretty amazing how long a grudge can last. I liked the Cowboys in the Dan Reeves, Walt Garrison, Don Meredith era.

I wasn't gonna, but what the heck. mtmuley
That's crazy. Kyle also called a bunch of naked bootleg passes with the defense blitzing right behind Purdy. They also ran one running play in the first three possessions of the second half. These were major factors in why they lost.
Keep Strutting.

I thought the d- line play really showed up. The 49's in the first half, with the Chiefs in the second half.

Since the 49's are looking for things to blame.

I'll point at their coaches.

One, for not teaching their team about overtime rule changes. Winning the toss and not taking the ball second is puzzling, to say the least.

Another CRUCIAL play was the 4th and 1 with the Chiefs absolutely needing to convert. Mahomes faked the hand off and basically ran a naked run to the right. Nobody at all was home for the 49's.

The last play of the game was another play where the Chief's fooled them. The receiver could not have been more open.

I thought it was a nice display of smashmouth football. Lots of insider routes, good qb play, standing in for the throw and taking the hit.
No kidding. If not for a stupid special teams play on that punt and a missed extra point, Mr. Irrelevant wins the super bowl. Two plays completely changed that game. SF was the better team, Purdy played the better game against a great defense.
If, If, if….

Same questions any other team in their position should be asked. Why can't they get a win? Where is the problem? There's an article on ESPN about it. Maybe certain teams are immune to that kind of scrutiny. mtmuley
So questions are being asked but you think SF is immune...aren't you really inferring "but Dallas"?

...I am sure John Lynch is asking and answering plenty of questions.

This is the 10-year experiment I mentioned earlier:

“Can they win the big one without a top 10 quarterback?”

And I'm positive any top 10 QB is going to react much as Purdy did when a all pro DL is running at him scot free.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back