Football General Talk

Competent OLines make third string backs look good. Zekes lack of mileage is on the line...and predictable play calls.
Travis Frederick having to retire was such a shame for Dallas for this reason... not only was he a great player gone too soon, he really was a big difference maker for the run game

Seriously. I was excited to see him at the NFL level, but I've been pretty well broke of that interest after reading about the alleged crimes
You guys know i am the resident bills fan, i dont completely understand this one! The team has known about this for a month and still released matt hacck (punter now in indy) last week knowning this was coming out. There statement says they already conducted a investigation, if they found ANYTHING creditable i cant believe he isnt cut, let alone they would of released our other punter. I think theres more to the story or something else must be coming, weird situation but just going to have to follow closely.

You guys know i am the resident bills fan, i dont completely understand this one! The team has known about this for a month and still released matt hacck (punter now in indy) last week knowning this was coming out. There statement says they already conducted a investigation, if they found ANYTHING creditable i cant believe he isnt cut, let alone they would of released our other punter. I think theres more to the story or something else must be coming, weird situation but just going to have to follow closely.
Who knows. He may never miss a snap, considering the alleged crimes took place before he was even in the NFL, and it's a civil trial not criminal.

I do know I was becoming a fan from watching his highlights and was hoping he could become a generational type talent at his position, but I gotta rescind my support after all this business.

I got one for you too!!!

1661520966127.jpeg

Who knows. He may never miss a snap, considering the alleged crimes took place before he was even in the NFL, and it's a civil trial not criminal.

I do know I was becoming a fan from watching his highlights and was hoping he could become a generational type talent at his position, but I gotta rescind my support after all this business.
Grew up by Buffalo family is season ticket holders. I'm as die hard mafia as it gets, but whether there is merit to the claim or not its just bad optics all around. I hate distractions!!!

A little cornball, a lot stereotyped, yet maybe the best football movie I've watched. Watched again last night. This movie was based on a book by Buzz Bissinger that loosely chronicled Odessa Permian's 1988 season, where they narrowly lost to Dallas Carter in the State Championship game. Gary Gaines's Panthers would go undefeated winning State in 1989.

Coach Gary Gaines died from Alzheimer's last Monday 8-22-2022. He was 73. Watch the clip if you are so inclined.

A little cornball, a lot stereotyped, yet maybe the best football movie I've watched. Watched again last night. This movie was based on a book by Buzz Bissinger that loosely chronicled Odessa Permian's 1988 season, where they narrowly lost to Dallas Carter in the State Championship game. Gary Gaines's Panthers would go undefeated winning State in 1989.

Coach Gary Gaines died from Alzheimer's last Monday 8-22-2022. He was 73. Watch the clip if you are so inclined.

Love that movie. Liked the first few seasons of the TV version too. Friday night was a special time growing up in ND.

The book is a pretty incredible read too, the whole exploration of the Midland Odessa energy economy and its boom/bust cycle was really interesting

The book is a pretty incredible read too, the whole exploration of the Midland Odessa energy economy and its boom/bust cycle was really interesting
It was a hatchet job....H.G. Bissinger was a NY mole with an axe to grind. I enjoyed the book but not Bissinger's knifework.

Not yet but hear good things.
Watched the first hour. I am left with the strong reminder that these 18-20 yr olds are just kids. Just as naive and clueless as all 18-20 yos - yet we put them in a crucible most adults would crumble under. Sure 1 in 10,000 end up with great wealth, but the others are long forgotten and sometimes broken. We need to more strongly judge the adults in college football - the administrators, the coaches, the boosters, the fans -- and give the kids who play their hearts out a bit of a break.

Watched the first hour. I am left with the strong reminder that these 18-20 yr olds are just kids. Just as naive and clueless as all 18-20 yos - yet we put them in a crucible most adults would crumble under. Sure 1 in 10,000 end up with great wealth, but the others are long forgotten and sometimes broken. We need to more strongly judge the adults in college football - the administrators, the coaches, the boosters, the fans -- and give the kids who play their hearts out a bit of a break.

But Nick Saban gets $11.25 million per season.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adscarpernter
Back