Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Football General Talk

You take this way too seriously. I'm old enough to remember the epic 49'er Cowboy days. Great football. Epic football. I'd like to see it again. Hope your 9'ers have a great season. mtmuley
Back when going over the middle meant something.

This isn't the 80s anymore...... this is millennial football. Where players can bitch and moan over making 15 vs. 20mil, control teams, request trades, create super teams and still lose.

I would be surprised if they make the wildcard round. Sorry partner Dak isn't the guy....
Wanna bet? Dak is a winner, period. We had season tickets at MSU when he led us to the first and only #1 ranking in school history. He was amazing. He’s an incredible leader.

I like Rodgers and don’t blame him for trying to help his team win games by flexing his ref whine influence…Brady also, but it does rankle.

Wanna bet? Dak is a winner, period. We had season tickets at MSU when he led us to the first and only #1 ranking in school history. He was amazing. He’s an incredible leader.
Yeah lots of people thought the same thing about Tebow to..... Mark Sanchez ..... David Carr ..... Ryan Leaf to name a few.

There will be a few others to join that list too of they can't get it figured out in the next season or to.

I'm calling it now Lamar Jackson will join that list.

Yeah lots of people thought the same thing about Tebow to..... Mark Sanchez ..... David Carr ..... Ryan Leaf to name a few.

There will be a few others to join that list too of they can't get it figured out in the next season or to.

You said the wouldn’t make the wildcard. I say they will or even better. Name your wager.

You said the wouldn’t make the wildcard. I say they will or even better. Name your wager.
If you have a cocktail every so often I'll bet you a bottle of whiskey they don't get past wildcard.

But then again, a sub .500 club usually wins that division these days.

Last edited:
If you have a cocktail every so often I'll bet you a bottle of whiskey they don't get past wildcard.

But then again, a sub .500 club usually wins that division these days.
Thought you said you’d be surprised if they make the wildcard?

It seems like a lot of the quarterbacks like Dak, cam Newton, maybe Lamar have an epic rookie year and maybe the next but they don’t adapt their style of play as their bodies begin to break down and the defense does adapt. The thing that sets Rodgers, Brady, Manning, drew brees, etc apart is they can adapt and take what the defense gives them. Patrick Mahomes seems to be doing that too.

I’m pulling for Dak staying healthy, his defense keeping him off the field, and his o line establishing the run. I’m dubious of all three happening.

Jerrah will talk it up and spin the turnstiles.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back