PEAX Equipment

Football General Talk

From back in the day, when Don Meredith was the color commentator on MNF.

If IFs and BUTs were candy and nuts, we'd all have a merry Christmas.

The muffed punt is part of the game, they muffed it. The TD on the trick play to McCaffrey could have blown up in the 49's face as a pick 6, but it wasn't.

The49's lost the game and Purdy shares some portion of why they did.
Absolutely he does can you show where someone claimed he didn't . We are still waiting for more expert analysis on the deep ball.

The only ref call with major impact on the scoreboard was the refs complete whiff of illegal man downfield on the trick play TD. So if we are “ref’ing” it then take 7 off your board (or was that the one with the PAT botch?).
He caught the ball behind the line of scrimmage. Typical screen play. You’re starting to sound ridiculous

Edit: dammit. I might be wrong. But I’m sick of reading his BS all day as a fellow Vikings fan

Edit again: here’s the video, guy might be 2 yards downfield, they usually give them 1-3 on screen passes or RPOs.

Last edited:
Absolutely he does can you show where someone claimed he didn't . We are still waiting for more expert analysis on the deep ball.

You had a couple of examples in a BIG moment when it would have meant a LOT when he did not get the ball where it needed to be.

Stats run up in the regular season may or may not translate to the post season when you are playing against better teams, with more on the line.

The 49's lost, they could have won, but there are no mulligans, they lost. There is no guarantee that they get this close next year, or any year soon.

At $1MM he is the best value at qb, no doubt . On a non-price assessment of the young-ish qbs, I would take Mahomes, Allen, Burrow, Stroud and Herbert over Purdy in a heartbeat. Picking between Purdy, Lamar and Hurts would be a toss up. If you include all QBs Purdy is comfortably in the 8-14 range.

For the Purdy lovers, would you take any other QB even up? Or do really think he is #1 and just let down by a muffed punt?
Mahomes, maybe Stroud, but not until he can play like that 2 years in a row. Allen and Burrow are way over rated.

Mahomes, maybe Stroud, but not until he can play like that 2 years in a row. Allen and Burrow are way over rated.

Burrow didn't have a very good O line for a few years (and still did well, plus got hurt), and Allen might have gotten Buffalo farther this year, except for coaching decisions such as abandoning the run game to have Allen sling it like Brett Favre.

You had a couple of examples in a BIG moment when it would have meant a LOT when he did not get the ball where it needed to be
This is very true. And I can point to two occasions in the SB when mahomes missed the open guy. Point being one guy doesn't win or lose the game. Sorry for singling out your post but you gave the best example for this.

I can also point to missed blocks that would of sprung big plays for possible TDs. I can also point point out where WRs didn't find the soft spots in zone coverages that were available that if they did would of been first downs. I can also point out a half dozen missed tackles. It's a team game and all of you sound like you watch about as much football as Taylor swift.

Burrow didn't have a very good O line for a few years (and still did well, plus got hurt), and Allen might have gotten Buffalo farther this year, except for coaching decisions such as abandoning the run game to have Allen sling it like Brett Favre.
Allen's slinging seems to impress a lot of people. A big arm is all they see. I saw some very untimely interceptions and missed receivers. I don't think he is nearly as good as he thinks he is. Coaches may be worthy of some blame, but mostly it's Allen. He ain't Mahomes.

If you only watched a few games I can see how you would get that opinion. But he happened to lead the league in completion percentage against pressure.
Again he didn't play his best against a great defense and the cheifs got to him at the right time. Both of us can be correct.
If you think kirk cousins makes those throws"all day" in his second year in the Superbowl against this defense. I'd like to see the tape. It's all situational

We might get to see if Kirk makes that throw after all 😂. I hope this happens.

Back