Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Follow the Map—A Family Mule Deer Story

What a great story Randy! (And excellent pics👍🏻) Basically able to share your hunt with the generations above and below is amazing!! So glad to see your pops out with you again this year. I’m gonna have to hit your daughter up prior to next elk season….I’m going to need a new map😉

What a great story Randy! (And excellent pics👍🏻) Basically able to share your hunt with the generations above and below is amazing!! So glad to see your pops out with you again this year. I’m gonna have to hit your daughter up prior to next elk season….I’m going to need a new map😉
Thanks Marv. The young cartographer learned how to spell “poop” from a fellow kindergartener this past week and has taken a real shine to writing it. Everywhere. Including on her maps. So next year’s maps might all lead to shit spots.

My late wife was a genuine pen and ink cartographer. I learned the trade from her. For years we had a consulting business that specialized in historical maps (I have a history PhD). You can see her map and name on the granite commemorative monument at the end of the Alaska Highway. She received her diploma from Sir Sanford Fleming College (now just called Fleming) in Lindsey, Ontario. I believe they still have a program ... if your daughter is still interested fifteen years from now.

We were married thirty-four years ago today. I lost her to a car accident Thanksgiving weekend 2010.

My late wife was a genuine pen and ink cartographer. I learned the trade from her. For years we had a consulting business that specialized in historical maps (I have a history PhD). You can see her map and name on the granite commemorative monument at the end of the Alaska Highway. She received her diploma from Sir Sanford Fleming College (now just called Fleming) in Lindsey, Ontario. I believe they still have a program ... if your daughter is still interested fifteen years from now.

We were married thirty-four years ago today. I lost her to a car accident Thanksgiving weekend 2010.
She sounds like a cool lady. Sorry for your loss. Can’t imagine…

What a great story. Hit me right in the feels. Having a 14 month old daughter I often wonder what kind of crazy stuff she’s gonna do that melts my heart even more. She already enjoys tours of the deer walls and touching the antlers and shoulder mounts.

Dang. Missed this one earlier, but glad that I did. Great to have a wonderful hunting story to read amidst all the other threads. Congrats and thanks for posting it all up.

Don’t know how I missed this one before…

Great hunt. Great stories. Great pictures. Great buck. Congrats on all!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back