Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

FOIA - $150 WY NR Wilderness Rule Fine amount; WY 23-2-401(a)

And, an easy way for you to hunt designated wilderness without paying a dime, what your entire tantrum is about.

What free method does an NR have to hunt federal wilderness alone? (federal wilderness that happens to be located within WY)

What free method does an NR have to hunt federal wilderness alone? (federal wilderness that happens to be located within WY)
What free method does a NR have to hunt for Sheep, Goat, Moose in about 50% of the units that are primarily public land in Montana?

In other words, all the OTHER units not listed on this sheet. Most of which are entirely public land hunting...

I don't like that non-residents can't hunt wilderness without a guide/resident, but at least you can hunt it.

Free resident guides license that allows a Resident to take 2 NR's a year for no compensation.

Maybe instead of filing a FOIA request you should have read the WY regulations.

This is the topic of THIS thread. Fry your fish - but don't talk crap about MT if you're not willing to look at your own State's GLARING issue.
I'm from Colorado and recognize how P&W and our citizens have created several issues, and yet I will still feel comfortable talking chit about MT's policies. Have a nice day

Free resident guides license that allows a Resident to take 2 NR's a year for no compensation.
Free if you're close friends/family with a WY resident who will babysit an NR.

I think most NRs experience these free permits as the non-permitted guiding industry. A few hundred dollars per day for an under-the-table WY resident guide

But yes, WGF calls it free.

I wonder what happens more; a resident take a couple non residents for a fee and without a guide license or a non resident says screw it and hunts wilderness by themselves?

Free if you're close friends/family with a WY resident who will babysit an NR.

I think most NRs experience these free permits as the non-permitted guiding industry. A few hundred dollars per day for an under-the-table WY resident guide

But yes, WGF calls it free.
Feel free to ask any NR I've got a resident guides license for if any money changed hands...Greenhorn and Oak come to mind.

The law is pretty clear that no compensation is allowed.

But judging by your posts, following the law isn't something you seem to care about.

Feel free to ask any NR I've got a resident guides license for if any money changed hands...Greenhorn and Oak come to mind.

The law is pretty clear that no compensation is allowed.

But judging by your posts, following the law isn't something you seem to care about.

That's nice that you were able to help out a couple of your friends but it does seem unreasonable to think that all non residents can find a resident willing to take them hunting in the wilderness. I certainly don't have that option. Unless you're available next September to hunt with me in Region H?

FOIA results summary from WY GFD regarding actual enforcement of the NR Wilderness Rule. WY Statute 23-2-401(a)

In the past 10 years:
1. 12 NR hunters were cited for violating WS 23-2-401(a) (a few warning tickets also issued)
2. No hunter was required to return to WY for a court appearance and total cost of violation was the bond amount, $150.
3. All of these misdemeanor tickets were marked "no court appearance required" - just like a speeding ticket.
4. No hunter lost WY hunting privileges or was reported to another state for loss of privlieges.
5. No hunter had any property seized (gun, atv, vehicle, etc).
6. Of those 12 violators, 4 hunters were in possession of an animal that was harvested in a wilderness area. Three of those 4 hunters were allowed to keep antlers, cape and meat. One of those 4 harvesters had antlers confiscated as his group hadn't tagged the animal and tried to pass it off as a resident kill. Despite the dishonesty, the warden only took the antlers - and then donated the meat back to the hunter.

Carry on.
Yea that’s real smart: having a conviction on your record. Moron

Yes, such a horrible record to have.

Run a stop sign while you’re an NR in WY to hunt a wilderness area without a guide? Stop sign violations are also class C, $150.

31 - 5 -222(b) Stop sign C

1670881141118.png

I'm thinking about just putting something on Tinder in Jackson, Cody or Rock Springs before the season:

I'm a Non resident with a wall tent, stove a couple of riding and pack horses who would love to take you in to your favorite Wilderness area for elk hunting. Your husband or boyfriend can come too...

If that doesn't work I'll just post it here.

View attachment 255067

I'm thinking about just putting something on Tinder in Jackson, Cody or Rock Springs before the season:

I'm a Non resident with a wall tent, stove a couple of riding and pack horses who would love to take you in to your favorite Wilderness area for elk hunting. Your husband or boyfriend can come too...

Just post on hunting tinder, aka monster muleys...

Chat with GoHunt... Might be another $ scheme to avertise, "friends with Hunting Benefits".

Good point, I would be unable to attest to the B&C fair chase affidavit.

I can forego book entry because WGFD let me keep the meat and trophy and I will only pay $150 for my WY Wilderness experience.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back