Flat Landers at Yellowstone don’t ever learn

Like the problem of gun violence, any effective solution will have many different aspects which will likely offend everyone in some way. This is the rub that impedes progress.

Also, oversimplifying the problem to a single aspect of what is happening (ie assault weapons) drives division and causes people to dig in their heels and just resist open and potentially productive dialogue.

If people can agree that change is needed…and that many people, gov’t bodies and other organizations will need to drive effective change (no one stakeholder group can be a sideline sitter or anchor dragger) then there is a chance for a solution(s) to be effective. Unfortunately, I don’t see any effective leaders in any of the large stakeholder groups today who are capable of pulling all of this together to make it happen.

It’s a very sad day indeed for those impacted by the shooting today. Unprovoked violence like this is one of the most disturbing aspects for me and, I believe, deserves a separate discussion from the almost daily gun violence we see in big cities related to drugs and other crimes.

Hopefuly we can keep the discourse in this forum cordial and stay away from insulting comments directed at each other.

Quick question about being charged buffalo. Do they close their eyes before they hit you or not?

So with beef cattle 99% of the time you can sidestep a pissed off bull because he will close his eyes before he hits you. A heifer or cow on the other hand usually won’t if they are trying to protect a calf. You can just sidestep yourself all day to get away from a bull. If it’s a cow. Run or fight.

Will one of you close to Yellowstone please see if it’s the same for buffalo. Also take someone with a video camera along for evidence and out entertainment. TIA and RIP

Ha! Gotta admit i was a little disappointed being a day late to the Monday showing last week.

I think some of the bulls knew they had the upper hand and wandered through the cabins like they owned every inch of it.

Pretty sure this guy was grunting, "We are the champions!!"

Attachments

• 20220628_155418.jpg
    20220628_155418.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 14
I blame steve irwin! He went around saying "i probably shouldnt do this" and sticking he thumb up every animals arse on tv for years. Then finally the animals got payback when that stingray stuck him, but that part isnt remembered. Just like the demise of western hunting i blame the influencers...lol
View attachment 228444
1657062922848.png

Some people think animals in parks are pets. They seem to be even worse than "wild" animals as they loose their fear of people. Makes them even more dangerous. Always said can't fix stupid.

They’re lucky that’s seal didn’t bite that little girl’s hand off
When I lived in SC, there was a tourist family that almost put a young child on the back of an alligator that was sunning itself in the parking lot of Barefoot Landing. Was a BIG gator, too. A local or shopkeeper happened to see them just before they did it and stopped them

Back