Yeti GOBOX Collection

Fixing social security

What is your most preferred method of changing the social security system?

• Remove the upper pay-in limit

Votes: 64 48.1%
  • Continue to push back the age of first withdrawal as needed

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Reduce benefits to maintain system solvency

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Abandon it all together over time and let everyone fund their own retirement

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
Are we discussing SS benefits or SSI benefits? I thought this was a social security retirement discussion. My bad I guess for not reading the room.

And I still hold firm that the benefits distributed for SSI are not coming out of the moneys held for SS out of anyone’s check
This is coming from the same guy who thinks the problem with Social Security is people who work their asses off their entire lives and pay into the system.

So, is writing on the application that the school's Multi Disciplinary Team, that includes a psychologist, found no adverse effect of a disability, or no disability at all not enough? It goes directly to the Social Security Administration.

Should I include the tidbit that in a class of 30 students, probably 10-20 could easily get their kid an outside diagnosis of ADD or ADHD and if they keep allowing parents to get checks for something that common maybe it isn't a good use of taxpayer money?
Just saying there is an 800-number if you think there is fraud. I do agree that SSI and Medicaid could be revamped, but that isn't what this thread is about.

Hmmmmmm. Maybe I’m not the one who can’t read a room. I never once said that was the problem
"Zero room for compassion and empathy in these arguments. Come on now, you should be disappointed. Go stand in the corner.

It’s each man for himself around here. To hell with those that busted their ass their entire life. Let em sleep on the sidewalk" -Derek44

So, again, the problem with Social Security are those that busted their ass their entire life?

Just saying there is an 800-number if you think there is fraud. I do agree that SSI and Medicaid could be revamped, but that isn't what this thread is about.
And I'm saying that putting that I think the parents are full of shit in the actual application, in professional terms, is sufficient in implying fraud.

"Zero room for compassion and empathy in these arguments. Come on now, you should be disappointed. Go stand in the corner.

It’s each man for himself around here. To hell with those that busted their ass their entire life. Let em sleep on the sidewalk" -Derek44

So, again, the problem with Social Security are those that busted their ass their entire life?
🤣🤣🤣

Like I say. Obviously I’m not the one that can’t read the room. Maybe you should re read the entire thread and you’ll catch the context behind that sarcasm

Do you have anything other than trolling to bring to the thread?
Yes, respecting people enough to have reasonable expectations for them.

Respecting taxpayers enough to advocate for them to have a choice in putting money into a government charity.

Yes and there seems to be fraud perpetrated by unethical dishonest clowns who scam many of the safety nets which are established to help our fellow citizens who experience financial or medical jambs. That does not mean we should discontinue the safety nets. Conversely, we who can afford to do so should contribute more for enforcement to jail the perpetrators of fraud.

Food for thought, I’m definitely for self accountability, and wish more of society felt the same. However, they don’t, and if we were to just uproot a program designed to “help” keep our elder generation out of poverty, no matter what the cause of it is, it would cost tax payers way more in the end. Once they were all impoverished because of their poor decisions, the tax payer is going to have no choice but to COMPLETELY take care of them. Serious question to those that say eliminate it. Are you going to be ok with the ever growing population of “bad decision makers” or those that “don’t know there’s consequences” sleeping on your lawn when they are belly up broke and homeless? Are you going to spearhead a charity to house and feed these folks? That’s not how society works, whether you agree with it or not, it’s not how society is ever going to work. I know myself, I would way rather take a chance on getting less return in my investment in SS and have to help some that may get a way better return than me, than just take the baseline out from under them and then find ways to either completely fund the aftermath, or just watch them all die on all the good decision makers doorsteps.
Churches are already doing this. They are using money from those who voluntarily gave it for that purpose. It is how society works.

Churches are responsible for more homeless beds in America than the government.

Churches are already doing this. They are using money from those who voluntarily gave it for that purpose. It is how society works.

And that is a great thing. However it is my opinion that by removing all safety nets from society, that isn’t going to be near enough in this ever growing country. Hell it’s not keeping up now and the safety nets are still here.

Yes and there seems to be fraud perpetrated by unethical dishonest clowns who scam many of the safety nets which are established to help our fellow citizens who experience financial or medical jambs. That does not mean we should discontinue the safety nets. Conversely, we who can afford to do so should contribute more for enforcement to jail the perpetrators of fraud.
Agree. I’m not sure if the thread shows we shouldn’t put libertarians in charge of public services or is being in charge of public services makes a person a libertarian? I can definitely see the latter being true. That said, the average libertarian is a fascinating creature.

Agree. I’m not sure if the thread shows we shouldn’t put libertarians in charge of public services or is being in charge of public services makes a person a libertarian? I can definitely see the latter being true. That said, the average libertarian is a fascinating creature.
Yeah, we advocate for crazy things like liberty, property rights and wanting the government to leave us the fck alone.

We don't think the federal reserve system is beneficial to the nation because we've seen what happens when we simply keep printing money we can't back up. Spending money you don't have has always ended well, right?

We would like if people had the freedom to give to charity only through voluntary means, not forcibly.

We don't think America should be the world's police force and would like to stay out of wars that don't directly tie to the defense of our country.

We have crazy ideas like striving towards a completely free market, absent of government interference and intrusion.

And us fascinating creatures think the 2nd Amendment is important to protecting our liberty.

And we don't blindly and naively trust the government to make the best use of our tax money.

We are fascinating...

Churches are on the decline throughout the west as more people eschew organized religion. That source of funding is likely to shrink over time as well.

As for completely free markets, seems like the Rockefeller monopoly era, environmental filthiness of that same time, minimal regard for worker safety and currently, the ability to exploit the hell out of someone for a medical treatment show that pure capitalism also has some catches.

Imagine what people could give voluntarily if they didn't have to pay so much in taxes.
Over under on how many would actually do that???? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting fact… a very high percentage of charitable contributions are given to cut tax bills. Not out of kindness. Oh wait. Well there ya go. Donate more… pay less taxes. Looks like your fix has already been considered.

Over under on how many would actually do that???? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Interesting fact… a very high percentage of charitable contributions are given to cut tax bills. Not out of kindness. Oh wait. Well there ya go. Donate more… pay less taxes. Looks like your fix has already been considered.
Yes, because all rich or middle class people got that way knowing the basic math that giving away $1000 of their income to save $300 in taxes is financially beneficial to them...

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jacolleen
Back