PEAX Equipment

Fixing social security

What is your most preferred method of changing the social security system?

• Remove the upper pay-in limit

Votes: 64 48.1%
  • Continue to push back the age of first withdrawal as needed

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Reduce benefits to maintain system solvency

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Abandon it all together over time and let everyone fund their own retirement

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • Don’t know

Votes: 12 9.0%

• Total voters
Small population states with a lot of federal and tribal land is what paints this per capita map. Make a big deal about it if you like.
SD may take exception to that. And I'm not familiar with these Kentucky tribes you speak of? Tell us more.
You are cherry picking points while ignoring others. There is a laundry list of items that go into that number - Federal money supporting rural schools and hospitals, monies sent to build roads and infrastructure, etc.

Lol

I love it here actually, but that was well played.
Id probably enjoy a lot of Wisconsin... Being gluten free and having no gall bladder im "shit" out of luck enjoying the beer or much of the cheese. But i wouldnt ever move where i cant have mountains/elk hunting. Living in Texas for a year for work made a lot of things clear to me in terms of what I "value"

Wyoming provides 40 percent of the nations coal or the fuel for about 6.5 % of all power production (if none were exported - we export about 10% of the coal) in America. Common with other commodities in the west. I dont think youd like freezing in the dark or paying a lot higher energy bills to pay Wyoming if the feds didnt subsidize infrastructure - esp highway miles per capita -more there to develop an economy and mining. That's just one example and there are many more.

Inflated economies have inflated GDPs. They have drained another safety net, unemployment insurance. Turn out the lights, the parties over.

California faces an unemployment insurance disaster. Newsom has no easy way out | Opinion https://www.yahoo.com/news/california-faces-unemployment-insurance-disaster-130000821.html

California's economy dwarfs Montana... it's like comparing Apple to AutoZone. Just doesn't really make sense to do a comparison, Montana doesn't even have a real city, this conversation is absurd lol

Not even in the top 50 largest CA cities 😂
1712767182127.png

Should we compare the economies of Germany and Lebanon?

Last edited by a moderator:
@BigHornRam sure CA has huge net out migration, but it still had ~ 1/2 the population of Montana move there, 10x the number of people move to CA than move to MT.

What does that mean... just that it's a big state lol

1712769917998.png

It's going to die quicker with all the illegals being allowed in. The government is giving them social security numbers and they are eligible if "paroled" into the country which the government has done for tens of millions of people in the last two years alone.

The same magical words they use to get in are the same magical words (human trafficking) that qualify them for SSI.

Social Security won't last ten more years as they predict, it will be lucky to last 5.

1000008203.jpg

It's going to die quicker with all the illegals being allowed in. The government is giving them social security numbers and they are eligible if "paroled" into the country which the government has done for tens of millions of people in the last two years alone.

The same magical words they use to get in are the same magical words (human trafficking) that qualify them for SSI.

Social Security won't last ten more years as they predict, it will be lucky to last 5.

View attachment 322471

Getting more folks under 40 paying in is good for long term viability. If we had zero immigration we would be set up for Japan style demographic collapse. If you are under 50 and willing to work you help our social safety net. If you are 25 and want to have kids you help our long term economy. If you are over 50 and not very productive you are a drag on our systems. If you are 25 and would rather buy a boat than have kids then you aren’t helping. Immigration status doesn’t really play into the math.

Getting more folks under 40 paying in is good for long term viability. If we had zero immigration we would be set up for Japan style demographic collapse. If you are under 50 and willing to work you help our social safety net. If you are 25 and want to have kids you help our long term economy. If you are over 50 and not very productive you are a drag on our systems. If you are 25 and would rather buy a boat than have kids then you aren’t helping. Immigration status doesn’t really play into the math.
Ya adding millions more who will be taking out but not paying in doesn't play into the math. Sounds like typical government math.

Ya adding millions more who will be taking out but not paying in doesn't play into the math. Sounds like typical government math.
They aren’t giving 65 yr olds social benefits. They are making sure that the working 30 yr olds are paying in (and their employers). That funds the system until 2060. Am employeed 30 yo who wants 3 kids is a benefit. An early retirement 55 yo or a 30 yo who never has kids cuz they cut into their hunting tags are drags on the system. We live in a system built from the beginning to ride population growth. That is real math.

Last edited:

View attachment 322471
SSI is NOT Social Security. Holy shit! This has been covered in this thread.

SSI is NOT Social Security. Holy shit! This has been covered in this thread.
Paid for by taxes, taxes they could use to supplement social security.

You really believe the government won't rob from Social Security to supplement SSI?

Wouldn't shock me if they already have. We will find out in some congressional hearing 5 years from now when they are trying to bail out social security.

Paid for by taxes, taxes they could use to supplement social security.

You really believe the government won't rob from Social Security to supplement SSI?

Wouldn't shock me if they already have. We will find out in some congressional hearing 5 years from now when they are trying to bail out social security.
The studies repeatedly show immigrants pay in more than receive. Our country’s problem is not young families wanting to work, it is old folks not working and young folks foregoing kids.

It isn’t fixed because Americans love to cash the check and are too stupid and/or lazy to understand how the program works.

If you are going to keep spouting random anecdotes, at least do us the courtesy of generate some great supporting charts and spreadsheets for each one like @AvidIndoorsman and @SAJ-99 do.
Or better, start a “reasons to hate CA” thread - and at least keep them from cluttering other threads. Heck, I have a few I might add to it as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back