Fixed Blade For Bears

jzeck2

Getting ready for a bear hunt in Ontario the end of August so I've been shoot a lot. Up till now pretty much just field points, but will be starting shooting broadheads this week. I've been using mechanical broadheads for years now but the outfitter in Ontario doesn't allow them. Anybody with bear experience have any recommendations for fix blades for bruins.

I don't think there is anything specific that would make a certain broadhead better/worse for bears. I would focus on find a broadhead that shoots great and go from there.

My recommendation on a good broadhead that is accurate and penetrates well would be a QAD Exodus. I shoot the 100grn with a 50grn insert, but they also make a 125 if you don't have an insert.

Have a great time!

Most that don't like mechanicals would recommend a one piece broadhead with a strong heavy tip.

Lots of them out there to choose from - I've got good flight and performance out of the Montec made by G5. Not much that can go wrong and they are easy to re-sharpen. They also sell a practice broadhead to test flight that are cheaper then the hunting heads.

Have fun on your hunt and good luck!

Most that don't like mechanicals would recommend a one piece broadhead with a strong heavy tip.

Lots of them out there to choose from - I've got good flight and performance out of the Montec made by G5. Not much that can go wrong and they are easy to re-sharpen. They also sell a practice broadhead to test flight that are cheaper then the hunting heads.

Have fun on your hunt and good luck!

I had been looking at the G5 Montec, until I checked out VPA. Just ordered the VPA 3-blade in 125 grain, 1 1/4" diameter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back