Fishing Ontario in September.

Summitthunting

I'm going on a fishing trip 30 miles north of International Falls the first week of September and was wondering if anyone knows how the fishing is that time of year.

Thanks Summitthunting

All you have to do is open the cooler, and they will jump right in. Where you fishing? Rainy? Bad Vermillion? Other?

It is really, really good. And, the skeeters will be gone.

Call the guys at the Rainy Lake 1 Stop in Int'l Falls, and they will have the skinny on everything.

http://www.rainylakeonestop.com/rainylake_bait.html

And, they have bait, tackle, and everything else you could ever need.

You will have fun.

New Mood Lodge

Come to find out we are going to Lake of the Woods, to a place called New Moon Lodge. Its located in the northeast portion of the lake and we are going to fish for 3 1/2 days. The best part is I'm going to Costa Rica two weeks before I go to Canada, sometimes inlaws are a good thing.

Summitthunting

Summit, sounds like Sioux Narrows area and yellow girl channel. Smallies ought have the feed bag on big time. Walleyes should be "easier" as well. Have a great time, watch out for those unmarked rocks. Lake of the Woods has 10,000 islands including many small rockpiles! If you are in your own boat I'd suggest you score a chip for your electronics that has the rocks, routes & buoys marked and pay attention to it.
WD

Come to find out we are going to Lake of the Woods, to a place called New Moon Lodge. Its located in the northeast portion of the lake and we are going to fish for 3 1/2 days.

In addition to the walleyes and smallies, the northerns, lake trout and muskies will be up shallower by that time of year, and LOW has whoppers of all species. Big sizes of most every fish are available that time of year. Fishing that lake, in the fall, is probably the best fresh water fishing trip I could imagine, if given a choice.

What you catch, who knows, but it will be fun, for certain.

Lake of the Woods Musky

The trip to Canada was alot of fun, we caught a fair amount of walleye and smallmouth bass in the mornings and then we would gorge ourselves on fried fish at shore lunch. In the afternoons we would fish for pike and muskies. I caught one 16lb pike, and a couple over 10lbs. I was very luck to catch a 36" musky on the first day and then I caught a 42", 20lb musky on the last day. The pic is of the 42" fish. Even though muskies are few and far between, they fight incredibly hard and are a blast to catch. Fish on!!!

Attachments

• DSC_0605 - Copy.JPG
    DSC_0605 - Copy.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Ontario2009 027 - Copy.JPG
    Ontario2009 027 - Copy.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 60

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member