Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Fishing off the coast of Ft lauderdale?

DouglasR

So I wasn’t sure if I was gonna go on this trip or not until the last minute so I’ve done no research, but I’m flying down to pompano this afternoon to spend a few days with the fam.

Anyone got any tips or honey holes they want to give me about how to catch fish down there?

Catching dinner would be awesome.
Is that possible?
what kind of fish should I be targeting this time of year?

when I was a kid we went out off the coast on our old 19’ bay liner where we could still see land, tossed a bag of chum in the water and caught some sort of silver fish if I remember correctly.
my dad said said they were just throw away jacks?
so we let them go but they fought like hell on our zebco’s and it was a good time reeling them in.

Kinda just looking for general ideas on what to do or if it’s worth the time to even try.
I’ve got a 23’ I/o boat to use on this escapade btw.

thanks for any help!

check out Florida sportsman forum and go to the South General Fishing section that's where info and fishing reported for Ft. Lauderdale will be. I'm a few hours north of there and have never fished that area so I cant help with specifics, but some reading and digging should get you answers you need. Enjoy the trip, the weather, and the scenery.

catching dinner I'd say you'll try and target the reef fish, yellowtail, mutton snapper, easiest best suggestion. But remember easiest best is a relative term.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back