Fishing boats...

Big Slick

I was wondering what you guys have for a boat for all of the fishing that you do. I have a 14 ft with a 25 ho four stroke but I would like to find something a little bigger for the wife and I with her two lap dogs. Hope all are ready for fishing as spring has sprung. Great fishing to you all, Andy.

I've got 2. 18ft Skeeter which i use mostly on Oahe. Also got a little 12ft'er (i think) with a 9.5 on it for the smaller river systems in the area.

17 foot Smokercraft w/90 horse Mercury. Great boat. Also have a 14-foot flat bottom with a small
Suzuki motor and a trolling motor for small water.

16' w/15 hp Honda 4 stroke w/ foot pedal 45 Minnkota troller.

picture.php

This pic was during a hunt where access to an area was simplified by boat travel.

picture.php

Glacier Natl Park fishing last year.

Love it! The kicker, it is a friend's boat left at my house for storage and agreed use. Each year I offer to buy though an initial no to a wavering no... Almost have her. Been at my property for going on 8 years... I don't mind. It works in my favor. I have free use, he has free storage. (He has used it once since storing it). I recently re upholstered the inside and run a full tune up every other year.

Have a 21' welded aluminum, modified sled "home built" with a 50 4 stroke Yamaha. Fishes 5 comfortably... just waiting for the ice to melt.

Copy%20of%20Fp%20hunt%20use%20this%20one_zpsg66vsehd.jpg

18' Hewescraft 200 HP inboard jet.
Perfect for water down to a bout a foot.

101_0446_zpsxbkswbed.jpg

The4 mud boat for under that...

Last edited:
16 foot Alumacraft side console with 25 horse Yamaha 4 stroke. I had a 19 footer with a 90 horse Merc 2 stroke, but when we were deep in drought I couldn't get it into a lot of lakes, it was too heavy, and it beat me to death in rough water. I hated the carpet, too, it was a constant mess. The Alumacraft has a vinyl floor, I don't need a trolling motor with the small 4 stroke.

My guide boat is a 20 ft pontoon rigged for fishing. It came with 4 swivel fishing chairs, shade canopy,pop- up porta-potti room and chaise lounge. I've added a bow mount electric motor, upgraded the fishfinder and installed a tackle cabinet. Tows,launches and loads easy and fishes really well, at least for the style of fishing I do The flat floor and room to move around is really nice. My previous boat was an 18' center console Bayrunner. It was ok for 1 or 2 fishermen but everyone prefers the comfort of the pontoon, especially the ladies.

Champion 203 with a 250 Merc. Fishing Powell in her in May.

Attachments

• DSC01867.jpg
    DSC01867.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 476
I had looked at many different boats before we decided on an 18 foot Starweld. These are all welded aluminum boats made by Starcraft. It has a 115 evenrude etec on it and a 80lb minnkota. The nice thing about this one is it is kind of a crossover fishing/family boat. It has enough comfortable seating/lounging areas my wife can relax while I fish. Plenty of room for everything and everyone, and was a better price point than other aluminum boats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back