Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Fish, Fowl, Fur

I don't understand the question details. Am I limited to current license availability or is this the wild west and we're not abiding by current tags/regs?

Currently it would be:
Coho
Chukar
Elk
B Bear

Wild west...
Steelhead
Park geese
Bighorns
sealions ;)

The Feral List
Asian Carp
Swine
Starling
Equine

The Golden Ticket list
Yellowfin Tuna
Stone Sheep
Doves in Mexico
Jaguar with hounds

The OTC Game animal list
Cutthroat Trout
Rocky Mountain Elk
Quail
Ground squirrels

OK, here we go again. If you could only fish/hunt for one single species of each of the following in North America what would it be? One fish, one bird, one ungulate and one non-ungulate mammal.

My list:

Fish - lake trout in the Northwest Territories (smallmouth bass if stuck in US)
Bird - pheasants
Ungualte - Elk 'cuz - tasty (antelope a close second just 'cuz - fun)
Non-ungulate mammal - black bear (coyote close second with squirrels distant third)
In order to do this, I would have to be allowed to choice the location of the hunt, type of hunt and the list would have an expiration date of one year and then a new list would be made

year one: Elk in the White Mtn Apache Res in AZ---Kodiak Brown Bear, Kodiak Is, Alaska--Pheasants, South Dakota --Blue Catfish, Miss. River
year two: Stone Sheep via Horseback, Yukon Canada-- Mountain Lion with dogs in Az--Turkey, Az--Northern Pike, AZ
year three: Yukon Moose via river raft, Alaska---Coyote's --Sandhill Crane ----Salmon, with Salmonchaser

looking at my list, I could just stay in Az ( Elk, Lion, Turkey, Pike ) but how boring would that be ;)

It would be interesting when this thread comes to an end if someone was to calculate which animal in each category was mentioned the most and post it for us.

@Europe said:
It would be interesting when this thread comes to an end if someone was to calculate which animal in each category was mentioned the most and post it for us.

Actually we could ask the same question annually and @wllm1313 could both trend it for us as well as do a comparative between species chosen and annual harvest!

…just putting that out there🤔

Striper
Pheasant
Elk
Cottontail

The birds were hard, I equally enjoy pheasant and grouse. I guess it boiled down the smile a rooster cackle brings during a flush that put it ahead.

- Largemouth bass
- Pheasant
- definitely Elk
- Black bear (today at 12noon it was an opossum in my yard, does use of a shovel count as hunting? I mean, I did a spot and stalk from the kitchen).

- Largemouth bass
- Pheasant
- definitely Elk
- Black bear (today at 12noon it was an opossum in my yard, does use of a shovel count as hunting? I mean, I did a spot and stalk from the kitchen).
I used to do the same, til I learned how many ticks they eat.

Smallmouth
Turkey
Whitetail
Fox squirrels

Picking 1 bird is just painful...I'd swap wood ducks in place of any of the other 3 non-bird animals.

Golden ticket:
Copper River salmon
Willow ptarmigan
BC or Yukon moose
Lower 48 Grizzly

Feral:
Horses!

First thing to get off my chest, this survey goes against my deeply held appreciation for the variety of opportunities that hunting and fishing offer.

Myself
Trout (East Lake in central Oregon)
Pheasant (with my dog)
Mule deer (just a hard choice across the board on this one, but those wide racks with deep forks....)
Bear

Wife
Kokanee
Goose
Elk
Bear

Son #1
Salmon
Ducks
Elk
Bear

Son #2