Fish, Fowl, Fur

Just expressing my opinion about what matters most to me. Obviously hauling in big lazy greasy fish means a lot to you and I know you're not alone. Some of my best friends still get a kick out of fishing for big Flathead lakers, including my very best friend brother. Fortunately most of the laker snakes they catch in Flathead these days (I think the limit is still 35/day?) are excellent eating thanks to FWP introduction of mices shrimp ... which totally trashed a fantastic kokanee and world famous bull trout fishery. But there's still a few big grease balls left in the lake (in fact they have to be released even though FWP is supposedly trying everything to get the laker explosion under control - thanks to charter boats influence peddling). Anyway, don't get your shorts in a knot just because I ride a different wave. And I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings debunking claims about lake trout being some kind of spectacular fighting fish. It just ain't so and anyone with any experience has to agree. They are a bit more frisky when hauled off the shallow spawning beds but not much. Typically a seven pound laker will hardly ring the bell on my pole and maybe not even trip the downrigger release. Same size salmon at the same depth from same boat on the same day will almost break my pole when it hits! It is what it is.
Thank you for proving my point, although for those who have read many of your other posts little additional proof was needed.

When I think steel I think Feb/March, coast, leaves off, moss covered, grey skies that periodically change to bright spring-time sun filtering through the canopy, the occasional light drizzle, and slightly off-color deep green runs... If I could just get up to the Situk.
Not going to get the chance this year.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleyhunter456
Back