Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

First trout of 15

VAspeedgoat

Finally got awat from the farm long enough to do some fishing. Went to Morgantown to show the kids WVU and where their parents met. Told my oldest son that sometimes it stinks to be old enough to fish on your own and have to watch your younger siblings catch something. He is just aggravated enough to get better but not enough to give up. Just right in my opinion!

Attachments

• KIMG0296.jpg
    KIMG0296.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 245
  • KIMG0297.jpg
    KIMG0297.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 247
Great job dad.

What kind is that yellow one?

That's a West Virginia golden trout. :D

I'm pretty sure it's actually a color phase of a rainbow. I don't think it's actually albino but I've only seen them from hatcheries back in Virginia and West Virginia. Perhaps an expert can chime in.

You are right on Gerald. If I am understanding correctly it is a rainbow that has a dilluter gene which makes pigment lighter. I think outside of the Virginias they do refer to them as palomino. I have always thought they are hard to catch. For whatever reason it seams they take bait but just swim around slowly.or come close to shore. Impatience usually takes over and you jerk the hook right out of their mouth. The pond was at Coopers Rock which is where I did most of my hunting and fishing while in college. I once made friends with a little girl and her dad when I shared some night crawlers with them. Now I have my little girl there and she caught a golden trout. Life is kinda funny sometimes.

Yes that is a brown mt son caught. It could have been 20 inches and he would have gladly traded it for a golden.

Last edited:
PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back