First Rifle Antelope

bjtc_brian

My Montana Rifle Antelope season got started 45 minutes before sunrise. And at 1/2 hour after sunrise I had an animal down!!!! Feel very lucky! I spotted the first antelope at about 15 minutes after shooting time. I couldn't tell what it was, but found some other heads around(does) and figured a buck had to be in there somewhwere. I started making my way closer and all the sudden about 20 antelope were up and moving in a hastily matter. I'm thinking they spotted me. I throw the glasses up and notice they are looking to my left and away from me. I glass over, and there is a stinky coyote messing my hunt up! He finally makes his way past them with the heard no worse the wear. Problem is, thye are pretty worked up. The buck starts moving the heard to where the coyote came from. Then they cross a fence. I make my way up to the top of a hill, I use this word very loosely as you can see in the picture, it is FLAT! I get down on my rifle, take aim, and as they say, the rest is history! Sorry for the bad pic, I only had a phone. Next time I will definitely take a second pic faceing me. I rough scored him out at 78, and I couldn't be happier!!!

Antelope2.jpg

Congrats, Brian. Yes, a good camera with a self-timer can do a lot for the story telling.

Sounds like an exciting morning. Looks like some hair mission down that bucks back. 78 is a good score. Congrats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back