First Pronghorn Taxidermy

BeartoothFront

Well I got my first pronghorn back from the taxidermist. I'd say it turned out pretty good. Not the biggest buck on earth but its not all about the inches. Its hanging at my parents house for now. Didn't have much room in my truck when I got it back and was worried it rubbing on something so I left it there until I can get back with an empty truck. Any recommendations on how to transport them to eliminate the chance of rubbing?

IMG_0625.jpgIMG_0623-1.jpgIMG_0626.jpg

Well I got my first pronghorn back from the taxidermist. I'd say it turned out pretty good. Not the biggest buck on earth but its not all about the inches. Its hanging at my parents house for now. Didn't have much room in my truck when I got it back and was worried it rubbing on something so I left it there until I can get back with an empty truck. Any recommendations on how to transport them to eliminate the chance of rubbing?

That's a good looking mount!

I've transported quite a few by setting them in the passenger seat. Put the board flat on the seat, and the horns should prop around the headrest and be pretty stable.

Nice buck. I use blankets, sleeping bag, etc to cushion any areas were there is a chance of rubbing.

Screw a 2'x2' piece of plywood (or slightly bigger) to the back. Mine made it across the country and back in a Uhaul without any damage.

Great mount! You'd better move it quick, it looks perfect on that wall & your parents might want to keep it!

If you've got room in the back of a SUV or pickup with canopy, use the plywood method mdunc8 mentioned. I moved 7 mounts at once in the back of my Tahoe with that method, they won't move or rub. Very nice mount!

I transported my 2014 buck all the way home from central Montana , I placed a couple of sleeping bags length ways and layer a moving blanket down over the top of the bags. I layer the buck on top of the bags with his nose gently layer between the bags. 1500 miles laterimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 380
The plywood works great. If you don't have plywood another way is a cardboard box. You can set him in and cut two notches for the horns, nothing can touch the fragile hollow hair and no movement with the horns firmly wedged in the cardboard.

Thanks for all of the ideas. Haven't been able to move him yet but think I'm either gonna try Randy's idea and have him ride shotgun or use the plywood idea sounds like a good idea too.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back