Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First Paddlefish

Horn Seeker

Well, I finally made it up to the Missouri to Paddlefish... what a fricken kick in the ass. Maybe a hundred casts or so and I finally got this little male...32#... not long after my buddy hooked this 79 pounder...and another bud got this 69 pounder...

We put out a bunch of set lines and ended up bringing home a fair bit of catfish, walleye, sauger and sturgeon too... didn't take near enough pics though.

32pounds1rs.jpg

3269784RS.jpg

Cookin this pig in the ground didn't make the weekend any worse....
resizedpaddlepics09.jpg

resizedpaddlepics13.jpg

resizedpaddlepics05.jpg

Since this is the Fireside....
resizedpaddlepics02.jpg

I'll be back next year....

Looks like a great weekend. So how does those fish taste???

Looks like a whole pile of fun to me. My one and only paddlefish was really good to eat. Part of it was smoked and the rest I cut into chunks and boiled in water with seasoning and dipped in butter. I need to get back out again on of these years.

Good stuff Horn Seeker.

Awesome Ernie. Brian and I are headed there in the morning. Picked up my tag this afternoon, just before the closing tomorrow night. Beer is loaded and I will try to fit in with the crowd (shouldn't be tough). From the looks of your picture, we will be a little further downstream. Enough RMP BS.

Very nice! My one and only trip for paddlefish was after the quota so was snag and release only. It was fun getting to catch a lot of them, but I'd have liked to bring one home to eat. Still have a hat from the Beer Jug in Glendive...

good idea on boiling and dipping in butter...it does have sort of a crab or lobster consistency...

I really like the meat and have shared it with a bunch of others and they all like it too.

Good Luck Craig!

That looks like a lot of fun. If I had to guess I would say that occured somewhere roughly north of Glendive and south of Sidney. Looks really familiar anyway. If it's where I think it is, I've had a lot of really good fishing days there. Good times!

Every year you MT guys post these paddlefish, I am intrigued. That looks like my kinda party : pullin pigs out of the river, eatin' pulled pig, surrounded by pigs (great friends). Pretty awesome. Thanks for sharing your pictures Horn Seeker. Q: how long did it take for that pig to cook?

Got the pig in the ground, got some bear on ice and all my rowdy friends are comin over tonight!!

Geez quota is filled before I could get up there. O well still headed up, hopefully my dad and miller didn't drink all the beer yet. Hopefully I can find a catfish or two.

Back