Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

First morels of the year

dcopas78

I got out between thunderstorms today to check a few of my early producing morel spots. I managed to find these, the biggest one being about 2" tall. The woods are looking great but it is just a little early to start getting the big hauls. I think by Sunday afternoon, they may start to get some size to them. I'll let you all know hopefully:D

Attachments

• mushroom1.jpg
    mushroom1.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 448
  • mushroom2.jpg
    mushroom2.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 447
Millersburg area here. Nothing as of Sunday but I think your probably right. This weekend we should be getting into some.

Great finds! I'm heading down to my cabin this weekend and plan on spending some time looking for some.

Where are you guys finding them in Indiana and Ohio? Thinking about getting after it here in SE Illinois.

Where are you guys finding them in Indiana and Ohio? Thinking about getting after it here in SE Illinois.

I find the early season morels around sassafras and poplar trees on tops of the hills where the sun hits first of the morning. They are there year after year.

No luck for me this weekend, but I only look in one spot for about 15mins. Much busier weekend that I had planned...

Will be on the lookout for them in a couple of weekends while listening for Turkeys.

I found about 40 more yesterday but it took about 3 hours to get em. So far, it appears to be a slow year for the black ones. Hopefully the whites/yellows/greys are a little more abundant.

Headed to Lexington last part of week for work. I'll be hitting it after business hours.

Back