First moose

Great bull!!! Congrats! You really hit the lottery to be one of the 6 Lucky NR to draw!! Did you go GUided or DIY???
I went guided, and I'm very happy I did. My guide was awesome. The outfitter (Northern New Hampshire Guide Service) was top notch. It's basically a once in a lifetime tag so no DIY for me on this one.

I was very lucky to draw a New Hampshire moose tag this fall. What an experience! Hope I get to chase them again. So my question for all you diehard moose hunters out there, would you recommend Alaska or Canada next?
Congratulations! Due to potential border restrictions coming and going, I would say AK would be a safe bet, for accessibility reasons alone.

Alaska, your not getting better then that in Eastern NA, well except a place that will remain unnamed.
Go to Alaska, NWT or the Yukon

You were extremely lucky in the draw and congratulations on a nice bull. I have 13 points in NH. for moose now. I almost quit last year because of the low draw odds but stayed in the draw for another year with no success. I’ve dropped out of the Wyoming draw because I felt I’d never draw one there either. I’ve been to Newfoundland twice and killed bulls both times although not as big as yours in the picture. Great hunts and wonderful times with friends. You didn’t say if your next hunt was for a larger trophy or just another moose experience. If it’s a bigger trophy, I’d say Alaska, NWT or Yukon. If it’s just another experience, I’d say Newfoundland. Moose trophies take up a lot of room in the home. Be prepared. Lol

You were extremely lucky in the draw and congratulations on a nice bull. I have 13 points in NH. for moose now. I almost quit last year because of the low draw odds but stayed in the draw for another year with no success. I’ve dropped out of the Wyoming draw because I felt I’d never draw one there either. I’ve been to Newfoundland twice and killed bulls both times although not as big as yours in the picture. Great hunts and wonderful times with friends. You didn’t say if your next hunt was for a larger trophy or just another moose experience. If it’s a bigger trophy, I’d say Alaska, NWT or Yukon. If it’s just another experience, I’d say Newfoundland. Moose trophies take up a lot of room in the home. Be prepared. Lol
Don't give up! I started applying in NH 15 years ago, but being an idiot, I missed a year 6 years ago. So I only had 5 points going into the draw. I'm in for the experience so Newfoundland is topping the list for the next moose hunt.

You will not regret a trip to NFL. Drive there and take the ferry. Stay local for a Night or two before heading out with your outfitter. Do a fly in camp. The people there are super incredible, very nice and humble. Moose are also everywhere so that's fun too :)

Back