First lite furnace base layers?

wvhunter304

Can anyone review these items? I'm looking for some other options in base layers. Thanks.

I have the furnace quarter zip top that I use for every day wear. I find it to be too warm for what I purchased it for and wish I got a little lighter one. If you're looking for something very warm, this will suit you well. I like the quality of the product.

They're great. Perfect for this time of year when it's getting cold. Can't beat merino wool for a base layer.

Extremely warm. The top thumb hole sleeve won't last long, its a great idea but the practical application of use leads to them tearing after just a season of use.

I have the furnace quarter zip top that I use for every day wear. I find it to be too warm for what I purchased it for and wish I got a little lighter one. If you're looking for something very warm, this will suit you well. I like the quality of the product.
This was my experience as well. Great for a base for long cold sits with little walking but to warm for any hiking or physical exertion.

If you're looking for a warm base layer for long cold sits in the deer stand or duck blind great product. If you're looking for something to hike in cold weather try the kilns. If you're getting bottoms a recommend the zip offs perfect for when you get over heated hiking.

I have the boottop length zip-off and the full length zip-off bottoms. Love not having to take off my boots to add or shed layers.
Like Luke said, really hot.
I start with them early and then ditch 'em when it warms up.

I own the bottoms and love them. Very warm. If I'm not going to be very active, they are my primary bottom base layer when temps are below freezing.

Love the zip-off boot-top bottoms. Like others have said, they're very warm; I don't wear them if it's above zero and I'm hiking at all, but I love the ability to take them off for a hike and put them on for glassing. I tend to run warm when I'm hiking so I don't have any use for the top; it makes more sense for me to have a light baselayer and a puffy.

I’ve been thinking of buying the furnace for a mid layer for late season. The material itself is very thick and heavy so it seems like a no brainer. I have the wick and kiln combined they do well in 30 deg weather but add wind and you’re miserable. I felt that if I had the furnace, I’d be comfortable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back