Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

First Lite Camo

mhungerford

Who out there has used this? I am looking to make an upgrade from all my kings camo and just want to see what everyone thinks of different brands of camo. I have been looking at KUIU and Sitka as well. I think I can talk the wife into letting me spend about $700. I am open for suggestions. thanks for the help...

I have watched the videos and the stuff looks great. My only problem with them is they never have my size in stock...... I know i waited until the last minute to buy new camo but come on not everyone who hunts is 5'2" 400lbs. It seems that all they ever have.:D

I have KUIU and First Lite stuff. KUIU is a bit better quality I think, but better price. Kuiu fits me pretty well as a tall guy. First Lite had some issues with their 2011 pant fitting the thighs of a lot of guys, but it seems like those who have gotten the 2012 model are pretty hapy.

mhungerford, I am down the road in RS if you want to get your hands on some of the stuff before you buy it and you are ever in town.

So does KUIU fit true to size? I am 6'2" and about 220lbs i have big thighs....:D they say go with a Large just worried they wont fit anyone have them that would like to share how they fit....

In the event you are consider Sitka, I have a friend in MN that sells Sika on the side. Prices are much better than buying this stuff for the big box retailers. Send me PM if you are interested and I'll get your guys together.

I have a complete Sitka system and love it. I'm adding some additional pieces: timberline pant, Kelvin Vest. Need some additional warmth for the Nov hunts.

Nevertheless, I was looking at the KUIU and it looks really nice. I was considering switching because of the cost of buying add-ons at stores like Cabelas was up there. So I looked into the KUIU stuff and was tempted. Last minute I remembered this buddy had mentioned he was selling the Sitka stuff and I called him. His prices where really good and so I stayed in the Sitka. Let me know if I can help.

So does KUIU fit true to size? I am 6'2" and about 220lbs i have big thighs....:D they say go with a Large just worried they wont fit anyone have them that would like to share how they fit....

I imagine they will work for you. They are designed by an ex NFL linebacker to fit frames like yours. I've tried some on and they are the best fitting, most comfortable pants I could imagine.

I have used both Sitka and First Lite since they started. I like them both and are top quality products. How do I distinguish what I am wearing? I alternate them on my whitetail hunts here at home. On western hunts I definitely wear the First Lite for the warmest weather hunts. This keeps my gear weight and load down and the natural wool doesn't stink after being worn for consecutive days!

I wear the Sitka Gear in in-climate and down right cold weather, simply put...its bomber!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MachineSub GN 4576225912G
Back