Yeti GOBOX Collection

First hand Covid symptoms

Day 5 for me, feeling like I’m getting some strength back but don’t want it to bait me into overdoing and chancing the joint pain to come back.

Did have a strange new “symptom” this morning, about 80% of body covered in a rash (doesn’t itch thank god).

View attachment 228795

Did a little research and it could either be from the Covid or from the high amount of Tylenol taken (though they had me on a bunch after knee replacement and this never happened.
My wife had Covid for the second time back in January. 24 days of miserable itchy rash/hives. Started out on small parts of her body and then got worse to the point where her entire body was covered every day. Hopefully you don’t experience the same.

Attachments

• DF925469-B618-4B51-AE14-8DD7251E8010.jpeg
    DF925469-B618-4B51-AE14-8DD7251E8010.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 14
Amazing how widespread conditions of COVID range.
I've wondered had COVID appeared in the medieval age, would this have been as significant as say, "black plague" type disease? The hygiene of that era vs today... No conclusion, merely pondering.

Regarding the rash / hives having read a few incidents of this sort, an interesting WebMD blog review may be worth the read:

@recon6036 , how much time until it cleared and did it scar the skin? Calamine or other itch reliever assist?

@MarvB , hope it wraps soon.

My wife had Covid for the second time back in January. 24 days of miserable itchy rash/hives. Started out on small parts of her body and then got worse to the point where her entire body was covered every day. Hopefully you don’t experience the same.

So far mine does not itch at all but is just super tender, feeling more like a bad sunburn.

Both my arms (see pic below), thighs, and back look pretty grim.

A28DFDC6-90D3-4368-A28A-83567FD671D3.jpeg

The shower actually hurts at this point, very odd deal. Was really hoping today’s test would have come back negative, will try again Friday or Sat.

So far mine does not itch at all but is just super tender, feeling more like a bad sunburn.

View attachment 228941

The shower actually hurts at this point, very odd deal. Was really hoping today’s test would have come back negative, will try again Friday or

View attachment 228941

The shower actually hurts at this point, very odd deal. Was really hoping today’s test would have come back negative, will try again Friday or Sat.
My wife would kill me if I posted the real bad pics of her hives/rash.😀
Hoping you get well soon

My wife tested positive Saturday. Amazed we made it this long without catching it as she's a pilot for a legacy carrier. She's just had headache, a bit of fatigue, and some muscle soreness. Thought maybe I snuck through without picking it up from her but started to get a pounding headache this afternoon and tested positive. Hopefully we can keep it from our kids.

Had to cancel a raft float with my son and some buddies this weekend which was a real bummer. My kid has been looking forward to slinging flies for a month.

Tested positive yesterday. No headache but super chills. Fully clothed under 2 doonas and a heat bag and still feeling frozen. Also a bit of muscle soreness

3 weeks ago today I woke up early hours of morning and knew I was sick. Tested positive later that day.
Body aches, sensitive skin but no hives.
Head felt weird when I cut my eyes to left or right.
Fever at one point was 99.9°.
Fatigue during the day.
Stuffy/runny nose.
Sinus pressure felt like head cold.
Was sick for about 5-6 days.
Felt fine for about 3-4 days like normal.
Then I got sore throat and cough. Sore throat wasn't bad but cough was unpleasant. After about 3 days of cough went to doctor and was told probably not COVID but allergies so I don't really know about that. I was able to work everyday but self employed so I went in late every day.
Overall wasn't really that bad, about like a bad cold for a few days.
Got covid for the first time back in January and was quite a bit sicker. Missed about a week of work that time and was sicker. Both times I believe it was upper respiratory and thankfully not lower respiratory.
Never vaxxed for what it's worth.

Had some members of my wife’s extended family show up for 4th of July not feeling very good - they said nothing about it until they tested positive on 7/6.

Awesome.

Wife wasn’t feeling great last night so she took an at home test - positive. She stayed home with the kids, all went to the PCP and tally is wife, 3 year old, and the baby all have COVID. I feel fine and am still testing negative. Wife has a stuffy nose, scratchy throat, and a productive cough. 3 year old has a head ache and food doesn’t taste right, baby has a runny nose and a little bit of a fever.

Hooray.

So timeline now looks like:
6/29 Wed; likely day I was exposed
7/1 Fri; first day of symptoms
7/2 Sat; positive antigen test
7/6 Wed; second positive antigen test

Update to the above; finally seem to have kicked the puney feeling and all that’s left is basically a runny nose.

7/8 Fri- still testing positive but rash faded and feeling stronger, thank God these tests are free lol. Going to jump back on the deck project tomorrow!
7/10 Sun- calling it a wrap testing wise though have seemed to pass the torch somewhat to the Mrs. she’s super congested but is testing negative (twice now) and has no fever. Hopefully just a good old fashioned garden variety COLD! They still make those right?

Best of luck to everyone else out there!

Well, my girlfriend got the cov again through work, which has pushed me into the guestroom. What pisses me off though is that she got it from a guy at work. He knew he had it and came in anyways while he had the week off. Now our trip to Europe is off and I don't know how much of a refund I can get back. The airlines seem to be putting up the toughest fight

Well, after two and a half years COVID finally caught up to us. Our au pair caught it traveling and we all got it from her.

So far, everyone is just tired, coughs, fever, chills, congestion. Basic cold stuff. Everyone vaccinated. Only one of us has lost sense of smell.

This is my last week at my employer due to a job change so I’m hoping I heal up enough to come in and say goodbye at the end of the week.

it really seems to me, anecdotally, that this current wave is the one really grabbing everybody who hasn't had it yet.

i'd say on saturday or friday is when i finally could say covid is fully gone for me. no more fatigue, however slight; no more cough etc. which was the 18/19 day mark.

it really seems to me, anecdotally, that this current wave is the one grabbing everybody who hasn't had it yet.

i'd say on saturday or friday is when i finally could say covid is fully gone for me. no more fatigue, however slight; no more cough etc. which was the 18/19 day mark.

This is the one that finally got me.
6/18: I was driving home from an outdoor wedding and felt a little tickle in my throat.
6/19: I felt slightly off and had a bit of an extra runny nose (I always have allergies. Haven't drawn a clean breath since 2017 or so). Did a home test- Negative
6/20: Nose about 25% more stuffy than normal, maybe felt a little down if I really thought about it. Did a home test- Negative
6/21: Nose slightly stuffy. Do I have a sore throat or am I just manifesting it by thinking about it too much?
6/22 and 23: Felt fine. No symptoms.
6/24: Coworker returned from Iceland and informed us she had exposed some people the day before. Thought I might as well test since we have a bundle of them. Immediately positive on the rapid test.

I never coughed and I never had a fever. I had a bit of congestion and MAYBE a sore throat. But, on 7/1 I went running for the first time in a few weeks and that aggravated my lungs pretty severely. I've been wheezing off and on since then. Any cardio seems to stress my lungs out still. It's not debilitating. I was able to complete that first two mile run, but I've been trying to take it easy and fully recover.

This is the one that finally got me.
6/18: I was driving home from an outdoor wedding and felt a little tickle in my throat.
6/19: I felt slightly off and had a bit of an extra runny nose (I always have allergies. Haven't drawn a clean breath since 2017 or so). Did a home test- Negative
6/20: Nose about 25% more stuffy than normal, maybe felt a little down if I really thought about it. Did a home test- Negative
6/21: Nose slightly stuffy. Do I have a sore throat or am I just manifesting it by thinking about it too much?
6/22 and 23: Felt fine. No symptoms.
6/24: Coworker returned from Iceland and informed us she had exposed some people the day before. Thought I might as well test since we have a bundle of them. Immediately positive on the rapid test.

I never coughed and I never had a fever. I had a bit of congestion and MAYBE a sore throat. But, on 7/1 I went running for the first time in a few weeks and that aggravated my lungs pretty severely. I've been wheezing off and on since then. Any cardio seems to stress my lungs out still. It's not debilitating. I was able to complete that first two mile run, but I've been trying to take it easy and fully recover.

man that's an interesting timeline for a positive. we all started feeling off with about 28 hours before our flight out of madison, wi.

so i tested at 36 hours after feeling off and had a raging positive on that thing within 30 seconds. and even weirder i really only felt like quite sick for like 48 hours. then just rampant exhaustion and a cough for three weeks.

covid is some weird chit, that's the only thing i know for sure anymore.

edit: also, i'd borderline call my covid positive an unvaxxed infection. we got our pfizer round in like september/early october last year, i think? no boosters. so i'm not sure it was really doing much for us anymore.

I thought I got COVID. Missed Christmas with the family last year when I got really sick week before Christmas and had all the classic symptoms and fluid was getting into my lungs. Waited nearly a full week before an appointment for testing became available and I probably should of been admitted but at the time no rooms were available anyawys. I got tested 3 days before Christmas and test was for COVID, flu, and RSV. I tested negative for COVID and flu but positive for RSV which I am told can be every bit as dangerous as COVID. Because I had been showing signs of improving, I was allowed to rest (and quarrantine) at home. However, wife got sick right after I healed up from it. My wife's niece had to fetch medicine and food for us. None of this is fun to mess with but I still wished it wasn't so politically weaponized so they can really focus on resolving it. Immaterial my infection but I was fully immunisized at the time and that I do support. Might not prevent COVID but it will help you survive it better and not get as sick from it.

man that's an interesting timeline for a positive. we all started feeling off with about 28 hours before our flight out of madison, wi.

so i tested at 36 hours after feeling off and had a raging positive on that thing within 30 seconds. and even weirder i really only felt like quite sick for like 48 hours. then just rampant exhaustion and a cough for three weeks.

covid is some weird chit, that's the only thing i know for sure anymore.

edit: also, i'd borderline call my covid positive an unvaxxed infection. we got our pfizer round in like september/early october last year, i think? no boosters. so i'm not sure it was really doing much for us anymore.

Yes, very strange. My girlfriend and I did zero isolation and she tested negative for 5 days after my positive, never had any symptoms. A coworker who was exposed by the Iceland trip coworker was floored for about 4 or 5 days. Same age as me and same vaccination status.

I'm pfizer triple vaxxed. Got my booster back in January. I don't know, but I'm glad my case was so mild.

Yes, very strange. My girlfriend and I did zero isolation and she tested negative for 5 days after my positive, never had any symptoms. A coworker who was exposed by the Iceland trip coworker was floored for about 4 or 5 days. Same age as me and same vaccination status.

I'm pfizer triple vaxxed. Got my booster back in January. I don't know, but I'm glad my case was so mild.

given how miserable that first night was after feeling off that morning (maybe 2 hours of sleep), especially while on vacation... ugh. i wouldn't say i wish i was boosted, cause it's still like whatever, but if getting boosted would've for sure eased the misery of that first 48 hours and cut down the weeks of exhaustion, i woulda for sure been in line for it.

Well, my girlfriend got the cov again through work, which has pushed me into the guestroom. What pisses me off though is that she got it from a guy at work. He knew he had it and came in anyways while he had the week off. Now our trip to Europe is off and I don't know how much of a refund I can get back. The airlines seem to be putting up the toughest fight
Check with your credit card company used to purchase the tickets.
From my card, as an example:
What's covered
  • This is not an exhaustive list. Examples include:
  • Accidental bodily injury, loss of life, or sickness experienced by the Cardholder, a traveling companion or an immediate family member of the Cardholder or a traveling companion
  • Severe weather that prevents the start or continuation a covered trip
  • Terrorist action or hijacking
  • Jury duty or a court subpoena that cannot be postponed or waived
Who's Covered
  • Cardholder
  • Immediate family members (even if the Cardholder is not traveling with them)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back