Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

First hand Covid symptoms

Not sure how Covid plays out though pushing it - seems a bit rough on the body while it's trying to counter the crap vs sleep? Then again... maybe sweating it out, working the yard has it's perks? @TOGIE . Regardless, hope you feel better sooner than later.

Not sure how Covid plays out though pushing it - seems a bit rough on the body while it's trying to counter the crap vs sleep? Then again... maybe sweating it out, working the yard has it's perks? @TOGIE . Regardless, hope you feel better sooner than later.

Thank you.

No I don’t think I’m doing my body any favors in continuing to work in the yard. I’m sure I’m even prolonging getting over it.

But, the yard must get done! If only there was more time.

Thank you.

No I don’t think I’m doing my body any favors in continuing to work in the yard. I’m sure I’m even prolonging getting over it.

But, the yard must get done! If only there was more time.
I think you’re doing it right. I laid on my fatass for two weeks and got pneumonia. If I get it again I’m definitely going to be more active. Get better!

My symptoms subsided on day 4, which was Wednesday, though I am still having this persistent cough even today. I guess that will linger a while.

Anyway, I thought I would start my regular fitness routine again today. Did some moderate strength training and then did a 4 mile run. The run was a lot tougher than it was before Covid, but I got through it. Definitively not at my normal pace though and I run typically 3-5 miles a day.

Really glad I got Covid this time of year, with plenty of time to fully recover, and not in October. I don't think I would be able to climb the mountains yet if this was October already.

My symptoms subsided on day 4, which was Wednesday, though I am still having this persistent cough even today. I guess that will linger a while.

Anyway, I thought I would start my regular fitness routine again today. Did some moderate strength training and then did a 4 mile run. The run was a lot tougher than it was before Covid, but I got through it. Definitively not at my normal pace though and I run typically 3-5 miles a day.

Really glad I got Covid this time of year, with plenty of time to fully recover, and not in October. I don't think I would be able to climb the mountains yet if this was October already.
I hope you’re right. I ended up with it during the second surge, so Christmas 2020 - was still feeling it in September during archery elk.

I hope you’re right. I ended up with it during the second surge, so Christmas 2020 - was still feeling it in September during archery elk.
It's interesting how wildly variable people's individual reactions to this bug are. I also get the impression a person's reaction can vary significantly from one exposure to the next.

A few days in to my first known infection, so far just typical cold symptoms and hoping for a full and quick recovery over the next few days, but will roll with whatever comes next.

Well shit😷

Have been working on a deck project for the last week and while doing so on Friday I just started to feel “off.
Started off just thirsty as all hell but by noon I was exhausted and was starting to feel achy all over.

Tried some Tylenol and went to go to sleep super early (like 730pm) but by midnight I was so uncomfortable I ended out on the couch for the rest of the night; still guzzling water and feeling like I’d been put in the dryer with a bowling ball, every single joint in my body ached to the point of near tears.

Yesterday continued the process of feeling just beat up, no appetite, very slight running nose but no cough, nor congestion, and barely a fever (99.5).

The Mrs reminded me that we had got a 5-pack of Rona tests in the mail awhile back so I thought wth, give it a shot. I’d been tested about 5-6 times prior over the last two years and always negative so I was really thinking a flu bug. Took the test and the results were supposed to be “readable” in 15 minutes…mine didn’t even take FIVE with a big fat ass POSITIVE!🙄. So here we go…

I did notice on the package that it claims a 99+% for negative results but only an 86% for positives (primarily false positives) so my plan is to try it again come Monday.

Just took my temp again, still 99.5 but living on water + Tylenol at the moment. Thank god no chest congestion but I’ve never ached like this in my life. Hope the Mrs doesn’t get it, and mine is long gone by Hawaii next month!

Well shit😷

Have been working on a deck project for the last week and while doing so on Friday I just started to feel “off.
Started off just thirsty as all hell but by noon I was exhausted and was starting to feel achy all over.

Tried some Tylenol and went to go to sleep super early (like 730pm) but by midnight I was so uncomfortable I ended out on the couch for the rest of the night; still guzzling water and feeling like I’d been put in the dryer with a bowling ball, every single joint in my body ached to the point of near tears.

Yesterday continued the process of feeling just beat up, no appetite, very slight running nose but no cough, nor congestion, and barely a fever (99.5).

The Mrs reminded me that we had got a 5-pack of Rona tests in the mail awhile back so I thought wth, give it a shot. I’d been tested about 5-6 times prior over the last two years and always negative so I was really thinking a flu bug. Took the test and the results were supposed to be “readable” in 15 minutes…mine didn’t even take FIVE with a big fat ass POSITIVE!🙄. So here we go…

I did notice on the package that it claims a 99+% for negative results but only an 86% for positives (primarily false positives) so my plan is to try it again come Monday.

Just took my temp again, still 99.5 but living on water + Tylenol at the moment. Thank god no chest congestion but I’ve never ached like this in my life. Hope the Mrs doesn’t get it, and mine is long gone by Hawaii next month!
Be sure to monitor pulse/oxygen Marv.

Hope the Mrs doesn’t get it, and mine is long gone by Hawaii next month!
Good medicine right there. Feel better soon. Water (liquids) and rest.
Friend sent this out after her bout with Covid. Figure worth sharing:

Good medicine right there. Feel better soon. Water (liquids) and rest.
Friend sent this out after her bout with Covid. Figure worth sharing:

Thanks @Sytes , yeah this one if rough on the Mrs. other than a bout of helplessness when I got my knee replaced she has really never seen me sick since we’ve been together. I’m trying to get her to keep her distance but shes pretty much mother hen!

Popped a positive Tuesday night. Slightly sore throat started Monday morning. By dinner on Monday was getting aches, chills, and fatigue.

Tuesday night aches and chills were gone Turned into lingering sore throat, runny nose, cough, and general fatigue.

Taste is down about 50% as of this morning. Still runny nose, cough, some phlegm, and some fatigue.

Already took the week off work tho, so landscaping the yard has not stopped. Spreading compost today.

Miserable in the heat of the sun. Have to take frequent breaks. Hard to stay hydrated.

Final quarter of edging, rocks, and stepping stones done.

Compost, spread. Sod in with help from dad and bro. Sprinklers work like a charm. Finished the paver patio today.

End of day 7 with symptoms.

Doing better today overall. Continue to cough, small bits of phlegm here and there. Bit of a runny nose still. Taste is on its way back it seems.

Far from 100% on energy. Pulse/ox and bp remain normal.

So glad to have that patio done. Yard is like 80% complete.

Exhausting week.

Good for you @TOGIE 👍🏻 I tried to continue on with my deck project yesterday (Covid day 3) but only lasted about two hours…weak as a kitten! Other symptoms are fading away quickly however, have the five-day retest tomorrow.

day 3 was actually the day i entirely sat on the couch watching rick and morty.

we were traveling back to colorado tuesday (day 2) and i had dedicated wed-fri to trying to get my yard to 95% complete using that extra PTO.

day 3 was a no go. and actually day 6 was real bad for some reason, constantly getting light headed. but that was sod with help day.

it does help being 30 years old too.

day 9. i'm still so exhausted. trying to decide if that's partly because i spent 4 straight days landscaping during all of this or just because it is the way it is. i'm thinking it's both, but also, it's just the way covid is.

yesterday is the most fatigued i've felt this whole time. i think yesterday was my "hitting the brick wall" with all the work done outside.

i also get real hooked on nyquil real fast. i think 5 straight days of nyquil has something to with it too. time to stop.

Day 5 for me, feeling like I’m getting some strength back but don’t want it to bait me into overdoing and chancing the joint pain to come back.

Did have a strange new “symptom” this morning, about 80% of body covered in a rash (doesn’t itch thank god).

8637549E-1898-472C-A165-93DBA95A8277.jpeg

Did a little research and it could either be from the Covid or from the high amount of Tylenol taken (though they had me on a bunch after knee replacement and this never happened.

So timeline now looks like:
6/29 Wed; likely day I was exposed
7/1 Fri; first day of symptoms
7/2 Sat; positive antigen test
7/6 Wed; second positive antigen test

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back