First hand Covid symptoms

While I was turkey hunting in Kentucky, my wife tested positive with a home-test-kit, then at the clinic. Her symptoms are just a runny nose and a bit tired. She still takes the dog for a 3 mile hike every day. We are vaxed and boosted.
Congrats on her naturally acquired super-immunity.

In no form is this adverse or an accusation:
I wonder how many ailments are attributed towards the vaccinations, Covid w/o vaccination(s), combination of both and unrelated to covid other than timing and learning others experienced similar effects.
At what time are medical professionals able to specifically identify the symptom experienced is attributed "X" virus, disease, etc?

There are many unknown variables and social media today enables the seven billion people to share experiences, the "coincidence factor" is amplified due to the quantity of people reporting divided by the total global population.

From what I gather, it appears as though Covid latches on to current known and many unknown symptoms and amplifies them. The unknown issue(s) may not even surface before people pass... until covid flushed the world.

It appears to me, considering our tight(er) niche of members who chat here, the timing and related symptoms are related to covid, the vaccine, or both.

Interesting enough, I believe I had covid and thought it was a gnarly flu approximately the same time as covid became a topic of conversation. Have certain pre-existing nerve, etc damage sensations amplified since?

More questions than sharing any remote answers though questions pondered.

I too believe I had covid & got false negative last year. Been vaxxed,not boosted.
Been exposed to neighbors who got it after vaxxing. Several times.
With pre-existing nerve damage to discs I do believe I have had nerve,back,leg,sciatica issues since last year. But that could be just an old guy over doing it too.

Glad I never lost taste or smell. I know a guy who still can't a year after. He could not taste the bacon I gave him.

Well, having just bragged this weekend about being 26/26 on rapid and PCR tests - and having scheduled my second booster for tomorrow (not anymore) - I tested positive this morning. After the first week I was not on multiple airplanes since January, to boot.

So far - cold symptoms and a fever. Taste and smell fine. Cough very manageable. Managing with Advil and trying to rest (which work is doing their best to render impossible).

Mother’s Day present to Mrs kansasdad was a oil diffuser with some sort of earthy scent. Everyone said how wonderful it smelled. I can barely smell anything from .2 inches away. Taste never left me during my active infection.

Family blamed it on burning out my smeller fellas with all the lovely smells coming from various dental patients.

Oddly since recovering from my November bout with Delta wine still has a funny taste and every now and then I detect a funny smell. At diner Saturday night our one daughter who also had it with us in November stated that different things smell and taste like pine.

Wife got it 17 days ago. First boost more than 4 months previous. 42 yrs old, excellent physical shape, works out daily, 96lbs. Worse than any flu. Mostly better after 7 days but still has cough and tired. Manager wanted her to return to work after 3 days, nurse in contact with many elderly daily. They are extremely short on both nurses and MDs. With weekends she was out of contact with patients for 9 days. Many seem to be catching this one. I go for 2nd boost today.

Thanks for the reminder! I'll hit the shower then drive down to fairgrounds and get my second booster. I keep forgetting about it. So far so good even with all the travel I've done over the last year.

Well, having just bragged this weekend about being 26/26 on rapid and PCR tests - and having scheduled my second booster for tomorrow (not anymore) - I tested positive this morning. After the first week I was not on multiple airplanes since January, to boot.

So far - cold symptoms and a fever. Taste and smell fine. Cough very manageable. Managing with Advil and trying to rest (which work is doing their best to render impossible).
Finally tested negative 10.5 days after 1st positive test. Symptoms mostly gone on day 4 when fever broke. Now I caught a regular old common cold.

Both my MD buddy and my actual primary care MD said that has been common lately, ppl having mild to moderate symptoms for 2-4 days, but testing positive for well over a week Afterwards.

Pregnant wife and I have spent the last week quarantined. We had flu-like symptoms and are near fully recovered 5 days later. I lost my smell for about 48 hours but it has returned. Worst part was we were supposed to be headed to Canada to fish and had to cancel

3 days in to 2 week summer vacation, tested positive this morning. Now quarantining in my in-laws guest room, luckily they're super helpful with kiddos etc

Symptoms so far mirror the 2nd dose and booster, achey and fatigue. Have a striper charter lined up later next week, hoping for some negative tests and no symptoms before then

3 days in to 2 week summer vacation, tested positive this morning. Now quarantining in my in-laws guest room, luckily they're super helpful with kiddos etc

Symptoms so far mirror the 2nd dose and booster, achey and fatigue. Have a striper charter lined up later next week, hoping for some negative tests and no symptoms before then
Update, fatigue is improving slightly, aches are also going away, slight cough, and based off the massive poop that had been in my 2 year olds diaper for an unknown amount of time my smell is shot 😅

Well, Covid finally got me and am not surprised since everyone who hasn’t had it before is seemingly getting it now. So far a low fever, sore throat, a cough and general shitty feeling and yes I’m triple vaxxed, so hopefully that will help.

Well, Covid finally got me and am not surprised since everyone who hasn’t had it before is seemingly getting it now. So far a low fever, sore throat, a cough and general shitty feeling and yes I’m triple vaxxed, so hopefully that will help.
Same boat. Tested positive on Thursday. Sore throat, cough, headache and shitty feeling. Decided to feel crappy taking pics on the prairie instead of feeling crappy sitting at home.

Had to dial it back and only Busch Lights this weekend. 🤷‍♂️

Booster was in November.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back