Caribou Gear Tarp

First Ever Pronghorn Tag in Nevada

orkboy59

Hello everyone,

Nevada draw results came out today and I picked up an Antelope tag. It was my first time applying in Nevada as a resident. I'll be doing some scouting over the next few months until season starts.

Any tips or tricks for a first timer?

Cheers,

Conan

Get Maps and drive all the roads. There are a lot of folks with SxS going all over that country. Depending on the unit of course.

Antelope hunting is probably the most fair chase road hunt you can do. Not that you don't hike, it's just that you have to cover a LOT of ground.

Look for springs and seeps that are on the back sides of ridges from the roads not visible from the road.

Find a mountain range in the unit, drive up a road till you're about 500-1000 ft off the valley floor. Get out and start walking along the mountain range, glassing down into the creases and folds keeping in mind water is usually the limiting factor. I find that you can waste a lot of gas and see very little of what's there, in terms of animals, if you just drive around. No expert though.

lope were up high in the hills/mountains when I had an archery tag. I drove right by the 'usual' antelope terrain to get to where they were actually hanging out.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back