First elk ever. I ACTUALLY FREAKIN DID IT!!!!

nwihunter

This season was my 4th year elk hunting. I am like a ton of guys on this site, midwestern whitetail hunter their entire life with the itch to try western hunting. I started watching Randy on tv back in 2014 or so. His claim was that anyone can come out to these public lands and and harvest elk just like he does. It was something that I’ve wanted to do forever but it just didn’t seem that easy to go and do on my own. I joined this site and and lurked and learned whatever I could, contributing when I could. I have had the chance to hunt with a couple of members now and was given some good advice from some others and I want to thank all of them. This hunt was the one of the most difficult, exhausting, grueling, miserable, exciting, satisfying, rewarding, fun things I have ever done in my entire life. It was a solo drop camp rifle hunt in New Mexico. This might be one of the smallest bulls posted on here this season but it is all mine and I couldn’t possibly feel any bigger sense of accomplishment. Thanks to everyone that has posted all of the small bits of information that led me to harvesting my first elk!!!
40630A03-D36E-4F97-B11B-27B6D009CFD7.jpeg

Back