First elk down!!

Awsome! Congratulatons on your first elk.
I hope you took time to report those ***holes driving on the closed road to a warden. I can't begin to
tell you how mad it makes me to hike your butt off only to have an ATV come by.

great job!!! Looks exactly like my 1st elk. It's an amazing feeling you'll remember forever. congrats

It took several replies before someone mentioned reporting the 4 wheelers. Does it do any good? I'm asking those of you who have a lot more experience than I. A few years ago, I reported a guy on a 4 wheeler on a trail (not even a closed road) in a wilderness area and I was in and out of there for a few days and never saw an official. I'm not trying to come down on game wardens/park rangers etc., I'm just curious. I realize that they may have their hands full during these hunting seasons. Does reporting descriptions help (tag numbers, color of machine, brand of machine...)? It really burns me up as I'm sure it does a lot of others. I congratulate you on not letting it ruin your hunt.

Good point. I didn't report them, nor do I plan to. Idaho has so few rangers to cover massive expanses of land I doubt anything would be done. Secondly, I've grown accustomed to them interfering with well laid plans, and kind of have accepted it, almost like bad weather. It's their hunt, and if they want to jeopardize the entire thing, and likely not see any game because they're too busy doing 40mph that's their choice. I just wish they would've showed up earlier so I didn't have to change spots on opening day! My biggest hope is that the rest of the story, and how thankful I still am to have harvested one of these awesome animals, didn't get buried in the ATV conversation. Those guys only win if you let them.

Very nice, great write up too.
So, is everybody going to let the packing out of the feet slide?? I post a pic with the feet coming out and you bust my b@lls! LOL.

Way cool. Congrats on the first bull.

Love the resolve, to set the disappointment aside (and resentment), and relocate. Well done.

Back