Caribou Gear

First bear!

In Wyoming, according to the game warden I talked to today, you are not required to recover meat of any animal classified as a predator which is bears, wolves, lions, coyotes, foxes and I think bobcat. Not sure foxes or bobcat is legal to hunt without looking it up. Some foxes are protected I think. The only ones I will not recover meat myself or at least attempt to is the canine varieties. Aint no one gonna get me to eating dogs. LOL

Nice bear, he's a brute. I don't blame you for packing up and getting out of there, I would have probably done the same.

In Wyoming, according to the game warden I talked to today, you are not required to recover meat of any animal classified as a predator which is bears, wolves, lions, coyotes, foxes and I think bobcat. Not sure foxes or bobcat is legal to hunt without looking it up. Some foxes are protected I think. The only ones I will not recover meat myself or at least attempt to is the canine varieties. Aint no one gonna get me to eating dogs. LOL
Bears, wolves, and lions are not predators in Wyoming. They are "trophy game." You have to take meat from "big game", but not "trophy game."

Fox, coyote, prairie dog, jackrabbit, etc. are "predators." Bobcat, badger, raccoon, etc. are "furbearers."

Great bear!

As I sit here in my house I feel like I would have stood up, walked bravely into the face of certain danger and slapped that bear across the nose. But in reality, I would have probably been the first one running like a girl and telling people that I got something in my eyes, as tears ran down my face. It wouldn’t explain the smell though.

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back