Caribou Gear

First Bear

MNHunter67

I was fortunate enough to get my first bear this year. Once of the best parts about moving to Montana is the opportunity to chase bears in the spring. I grew up in Minnesota and the longest shot I had ever taken was about 125 yards on a deer. So the 225 yard shot I took on this old sow was a bit of a poke for me. My grandpa’s old Ruger Model 77 in 300 Win Mag was more than up to the task though. It was a bit of track job due to a hit that was a little far back, but she didn’t make it too far. I was so ecstatic to finally bag my first big game animal since moving here. I’m definitely addicted to chasing spring bears. Hoping to expand my hunting experience this fall and can’t wait to chase elk for the first time in September. Oh, and I can’t wait to make some delicious bear meat now!

Congrads on the great looking Bear !
I had Montana Spring Bear Spaghetti last night !! Mmm good !
Best of Luck to you this fall . We have the game but it takes time and dedication to bag your game !
Time is getting close !!

MT.PERCHMAN

Excellent! :)

Ya, bear hunting is a favorite of mine. Looks like you got a real good one, and I like that you used your grandpa's old Ruger 77 rifle.

Regards, Guy

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back