Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

First Arizona coues deer

The country looks right but the antlers on those deer look too big to be coues deer! ;)

Congrats!

That's why I thought that's gotta' be a record Coues! But according to Tony Mandile,
Only Couse live in Az. no Whitetails!He wrote a book on it...?Any thoughts?

I think they are Coues deer, just monsters. Amazing for a couple new coues hunters to take one buck of that caliber between them let alone take two of them. I don't think they are records, but the larger one should make the record book.

Thanks for all the comments! Truly was one of the more fun hunts I’ve been on in years. These little deer are a bugger to try and spot and glassing off a tripod is a must. I feel we got incredibly lucky finding the two we did. We lucked out with the colder weather and the bucks were sparing and getting ready to disperse from their bachelor groups. For those interested we put a tape to them and mine goes 105 7/8 and my buddies went 97 6/8. It might be a while till I pull the trigger again but I’ll dang sure be hunting for them again sooner than later.

Wow!!! Those are some awesome coues! I hope we have the same luck as you in a couple weeks as first timers.

I haven't seen many coues deer, but those look considerably bigger than the ones i have seen... WOW

Well got back from Arizona on my first coues experience and had a blast. Might be something I have to do every few years. Beside the 20 hours in a pickup everything went well and me and my buddy had some success!
View attachment 122096
View attachment 122097
View attachment 122098
View attachment 122099View attachment 122100
View attachment 122101
View attachment 122102
View attachment 122103View attachment 122110View attachment 122111View attachment 122112View attachment 122113

I just watched the Meat Eater episode on the Coues. Would love to get over to Arizona to go after them!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back