First Antelope Hunt

recon6036

Just got back home last Friday from my first Wyoming Antelope hunt (unit 27). There were 3 of us out there and we all had doe tags. It was a do-it-yourself hunt and we all filled a tag by day #4. Anyway, I had a GREAT time and hopefully I can make Wyoming Antelope hunting an annual thing.

Congrats! Hunting pronghorns in early fall is a great time/experience especially if you are sharing camp with some good folks.

Congratulations! Did you see lots of antelope? I plan to try that unit for my first antelope hunt next year!

Thanks!!! We did see a lot of Antelope in that unit. There was also a lot of hunters. Most people we came across were just driving the roads looking for the Antelope. We chose to park and venture well off the beaten path most of the time to get away from the rest of the hunters which made it a much more enjoyable hunt in my opinion. Anyway, there were a lot of Antelope but getting close enough was the challenge and obviously the fun part. One of our Antelope was shot in the creek bed of Antelope Creek near the intersection of 942 & 973. I shot mine by parking at the intersection of 942 & 973 near the Red Hills then walked South for quite a ways until I glassed some Lopes and closed the distance for a shot. My brother shot his North of there near some private land on Phillips road. It was great experience and I hope to get my two boys out there sometime.

Nice job sounds like you had a great time.I am suprised to hear there was still alot of hunters out there.

Congrats on a great hunt. It still amazes me how many folks won't step foot out of their truck until they see an animal. I saw three guys pass right by the area I got my buck today. If they would have done a little walking they would have been right in the middle of them. Instead, they just sat in their trucks with their spotting scopes waiting for something to wander by.

Getting out of the truck and heading out on foot was the best part of the trip/hunt. I felt I got to see so much more as far as wildlife and scenery by exploring the land. I told the guys I was with that I didn't drive all the way out to Wyoming from Michigan to cruise around in a vehicle and shoot an Antelope off the road.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fingelfinger
Back