First animal harvested..now I’m meat skittish

Status
Not open for further replies.
my wife ate tons of wild game and and beef steak while pregnant. tho she did adhere to the no rare meat guidance.

i think of it this way, how many times in your life have you gotten sick from rarer wild game meat or rarer steak? how often from well done steak or wild game? your answer to that should be your baseline level of concern with a woman eating meat while pregnant
Exactly!!!! She was absolutely angry over it but still like a good little girl, wanted to follow the docs recommendation. Sadly we had a fair in town during it with a vendor that was serving elk and bison. If looks could kill while I devoured that goodness, I wouldn’t be here posting today 🤣. We got past that however and she made up for it. Her favorite table fare today is a damn near blue rare elk steak.

my wife ate tons of wild game and and beef steak while pregnant. tho she did adhere to the no rare meat guidance.

i think of it this way, how many times in your life have you gotten sick from rarer wild game meat or rarer steak? how often from well done steak or wild game? your answer to that should be your baseline level of concern with a woman eating meat while pregnant
I can certainly see not eating under cooked wild game. Once I was home alone butchering a deer. For some reason my daughter's kitten was there. So, I fed the little critter scraps of meat and fat until it got all bloated and fell asleep. Two weeks later the kitten was sick, so my daughter took it to the vet she was working for. after some tests he asked her "What the f*ck are you feeding that cat!? (He could talk like that because they were good friends) It has worms I have never seen before."

OOPS! I never did tell her what I had done.

So, I am a little skittish about under cooked wild game myself.

Yes, I have thought along the same lines for years. My father worked for Swift meats for 30 years and during that time I learned plenty about the meat business. I became concerned at a young age about the hormones given to animals when they're in the feed lot, and tenderizers injected into an animal before it's butchered. Visiting a hog processing plant with all the hogs screaming, plus the stink was eye-opening.
All these years later, after a long stint as a vegetarian, I started eating wild meat and fish and have always had a vegetable garden large enough that I can feed my family all winter with what I grow. It's important to know where your food comes from. It's also "right livelihood" to be grateful and thank the animal that feeds you.
IMHO, you are doing well, Jackson.
There’s a song for that.

I can certainly see not eating under cooked wild game. Once I was home alone butchering a deer. For some reason my daughter's kitten was there. So, I fed the little critter scraps of meat and fat until it got all bloated and fell asleep. Two weeks later the kitten was sick, so my daughter took it to the vet she was working for. after some tests he asked her "What the f*ck are you feeding that cat!? (He could talk like that because they were good friends) It has worms I have never seen before."

OOPS! I never did tell her what I had done.

So, I am a little skittish about under cooked wild game myself.
Gotta get a stronger stomach. Haha. Sorry about the cat 🤦🏻‍♂️

So your wife can't eat meat due to complications or possible complications with her pregnancy is what I'm gathering from this. You killed a couple of deer, congratulations that is awesome, you provided for your family.
Now your scared of eating meat. I think you are having sympathy pains for your wife, which is fantastic, shows you care a huge amount and if she is experiencing complications maybe talk this over her OB doc and try and sort this out.

Is it just me or has there not been a post from original poster starter person since page 3??? Stocker it is now time to send the STARFISH SIGNAL to the heavens and call HUNTTALKMAN. Ladies and Gentlemen I believe we have been bamboozled.
Who are you????

With an impressive stat line of 338 posts since September 4.

I feel like you're in the mix or know this HTM personally.

I am nothing more than a simple man who has found hope after swearing off social media because he was tired of the incessant dribble that seems to run rampant on those sites.

I have found happiness and comfort in like minded individuals on this site. I have seen true compassion in a want to help a forum member when times are tough.I n a sense I have no life.

I have however, hypothetically speaking, been known to "Let an occasional moon hang." Lets face it, one can be having really bad day and pair of bare white hams against a window or hanging out a window can be just what the doctor ordered.🤣🤣

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muleydude
Back