Firearms Manufacturers Up For Conn Suit

It will be interesting to see where this finally ends... I imagine it will have implications outside of the firearms industry. Seems like on the surface the plaintiffs are making an argument to the one successfully used against big tobacco, that they were marketing to minors.

Honestly, I don't recall having ever seeing an AR ad outside of very specific in-print publications.

This is a slippery slope and not a good one. If this goes through, can I go after Ford for a mustang that is designed to go faster than posted speed limit, Chev for Corvett, etc. The person was responsible not the manufacturer. I know they are going after the deep pockets but this is not good for anybody IMO.

This is a slippery slope and not a good one. If this goes through, can I go after Ford for a mustang that is designed to go faster than posted speed limit, Chev for Corvett, etc. The person was responsible not the manufacturer. I know they are going after the deep pockets but this is not good for anybody IMO.

Agree, similar to herrera v wyoming, I think this lawsuit will have negative consequences no matter the outcome.

On one hand I cannot believe this is going forward. on the other hand, I am not surprised at all.

No matter how the cards may fall, this is going to be a blow to all gun/ammunition manufacturers.

I'm curious to hear how advertising can be factored in on this particular case, as the murderer did not purchase the firearm.

I'm curious to hear how advertising can be factored in on this particular case, as the murderer did not purchase the firearm.

They may only have to prove that "man" gun advertising influenced Adam Lanza to act as he did. What they were able to recover from his computer or related devices as well as his browsing habits may be enough to prove it, but I don't know what they have.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back