Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Fire Season is Upon Us

Tribalism is fine and dandy right up until the tribe needs help. Must give pause now when so many residents were so excited to pile on when there was a discussion about how nonresidents can pound sand when it comes to big game tag allocation then fires break out in the backyard. I suppose sending up to 10% of fire-firefighting equipment would be fair for neighboring states to allocate to non-resident fires in certain states. Might have to set aside some for outfitters though. In one instance out-of-state firefighters can't go into wilderness areas to help out since that is already too risky to be there if there is no fire when you hold a hunting tag.

Tribalism is fine and dandy right up until the tribe needs help. Must give pause now when so many residents were so excited to pile on when there was a discussion about how nonresidents can pound sand when it comes to big game tag allocation then fires break out in the backyard. I suppose sending up to 10% of fire-firefighting equipment would be fair for neighboring states to allocate to non-resident fires in certain states. Might have to set aside some for outfitters though. In one instance out-of-state firefighters can't go into wilderness areas to help out since that is already too risky to be there if there is no fire when you hold a hunting tag.
🤡

I just booked the Magruder Ranger Cabin for a family get away two weeks out - hopefully we can still make it and the west fork fires don’t get too crazy.

Stony creek campground...Rock creek side.
It's interesting. I know where that fire is and it scares me to death it will get North in a hurry. Looks closer than what it is from my driveway. One of the guys I work with is good friends with the owner of a helicopter that was up there last night. mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back