Fire Season is Upon Us

Spent a few days in and around Ennis and then up on the Missouri, It was getting a little smoky around Ennis. Spent some time Over on the Ruby Tuesday. Not bad there. Made it back to NE Oregon this afternoon kinda smoky here but no fires near by.

Good chance these two fires will be burning until winter. I am driving to Salmon Aug 10th, I am sure things will be smokey.

I think we are up to 25 fires in Oregon. Most are small and have been hammered on by the state and feds. Both the big ones are on the wet side again, one out of Eugene and the other out of Gold beach in the coastal mountains. The last two or three years weve seen a couple of big ones on the west side, historically a bit unusual. There is also a bigger fire down near K. Falls but I haven’t read anything about that one.

Anybody near the Lowline Fire near Gunnison with any information? Pretty good size closure in place right now.

It is an interesting year. Scouting deer this weekend several normally travel able roads in UT still have snow drifts across them that will be there still this winter. Water coming out of springs dry for years. Green grass. In Aug.

And yet, fire season is here. Strange year indeed

Storm came through the valley Friday evening with a bunch of lightning strikes. It poured at my house with rain going over the gutters for about 5 minutes. People I talked to a couple miles from me barely got a sprinkle, it was a very localized rain storm. Last evening a lot of smoke with ash poured out of Lost Horse, and then quickly went back to blue skies. Not sure what fire that one is back in the Selway, but they are saying 40 new starts in western Montana this last 24 hours. Cooler weather with rain predicted for this weekend so hope it gets here soon!

Storm came through the valley Friday evening with a bunch of lightning strikes. It poured at my house with rain going over the gutters for about 5 minutes. People I talked to a couple miles from me barely got a sprinkle, it was a very localized rain storm. Last evening a lot of smoke with ash poured out of Lost Horse, and then quickly went back to blue skies. Not sure what fire that one is back in the Selway, but they are saying 40 new starts in western Montana this last 24 hours. Cooler weather with rain predicted for this weekend so hope it gets here soon!

It was the Elkhorn fire down along the Salmon.

@Kaitum sent me this awesome link last night when I was trying to figure it out.

Storm came through the valley Friday evening with a bunch of lightning strikes. It poured at my house with rain going over the gutters for about 5 minutes. People I talked to a couple miles from me barely got a sprinkle, it was a very localized rain storm.

On a side note, I was told this morning that Dagmar, MT got over 3 inches of rain in a single cloudburst the other day. Wacky. Be curious how much you got at your home.

Back