Fire Pit Thread

2rocky

With weather getting nice we are spending more time out on the Patio with a nice fire in the evening.

I'd love to see your fire pit designs.

What is important to you when you design a fire pit?
Ease of lighting
Reducing smoke
Cooking over the flames
Seating around?

back in 2012.Ii used a Campground fire ring. I used fire brick to make a raised platform for coals to cook over...

1617390882236.png

When I made My Patio in 2016 I moved the Firepit. One Block a a Time....

1617390231010.png

Can’t help with pit but I spent last weekend making Swedish logs for camping. Would work in a fire pit also.
They help to reduce smoke annoyance, chimney effect has worked pretty good last season.

Timely.
I was just eyeballing the spot to set my fire ring,an old campground one,today. Nice spot in back near a pinion,the rack tree. Basic ring and I have a swing in adjustable grill on a rod deal. A slab bench/table and some stumps should work for ambiance. I'm going rustic.

Interesting that this thread came up. I'm getting ready to start building mine and I'm looking for ideas.

We are firing ours up momentarily. I removed the sod, did a gravel base, then landscaping bricks 3 high. I left gaps between the bricks at ground level so the fire can pull in air. Reduces the smoke.
Pretty similar to what I did, had some local code I had to follow. In the center I dug it about a foot and a half deeper and filled with sand for water to escape and lava rock over the top. Also did a ring of pea gravel on the outside just to keep things kosher.

I used some stone from a plantar box I had to remove, not realizing it was porous. Half of them cracked and popped with the first fire due to the moisture inside, startled us a bit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back